Something to Buzz About...
Ms. Higgins February 29 - March 4, 2016
- This week during our Rockin' Research we started to collect and gather research about adaptations. Our focus was hunting (eating), climate, communication, movement, and defense and protection.
- We have been practicing our lowercase cursive letters. Next week we will begin learning uppercase cursive letters.
- This week in Math we focused on Topic 11: Two Dimensional Shapes and Their Attributes. We learned the similarities and differences between different polygons. We learned the difference between a square and a rectangle and how they are similar. In addition, we focused on acute, obtuse, and right angles.
- During Science this week we learned all about Food Chains. We are now experts on knowing the difference between a consumer and a producer. In addition, we learned about the different types of consumers; herbivores, carnivores, and omnivores.
Thank You Veterans
We received thank you letters and certificates from veterans this week. During the month of February we wrote Valentine cards to thank veterans for their service.
Anthony and Jason are practicing their Spanish skills with Senora Garcia.
- Friday March 11, 2016 we will have our next Spelling Test