NTH@C Friday Notes
February 12, 2016
Annual Snacker Challenge
La Historia de Arte at the Slant Gallery in Dallas on February 20th
Chipotle for dinner on March 5th
NTH@C The Day on April 2nd
What is The Day?
The Day is a community-wide service project lead by the learners of New Tech High @ Coppell. Our purpose is to give back to and say “Thank You” to the wonderful community of Coppell. We as a school want to serve the Coppell community by recruiting a number of students from New Tech High @ Coppell to do small acts of service at local homes, schools, parks, and other locations in the community.
How we can help you.
We would love to carry out various jobs at your home or business. These services include, but are not limited to, raking leaves, washing windows, weeding flower beds, painting houses, planting trees and flowers, and other seasonal chores.
How do I apply?
If you are interested in having a job site, please fill out an online application at www.jointheday.org.
Mark your calendars:
- Join us for a North Lake Informational meeting on March 22nd at 6:30pm in the New Tech Cafe.
- All Junior learners will take the ACT on April 19th. No need to sign up.
- Please remind your learner to check their email daily. There is a lot of important information and deadlines being sent to them via their school Gmail account.
- The Princeton Review website has great information to read free articles about testing, learn information about colleges, and provides a roadmap of what your learner should do for college preparation during their high school career.
Mrs. Cole had individual meetings with each Rising Sophomore on February 2nd, during their Biotech Ethics science class. During these individual meetings, your learner discussed their course registration for next year, graduation requirements, and future educational plans. Talk to your learner about what they discussed in the meeting with Mrs. Cole.
Rising Juniors and Rising Seniors:
Rising Juniors and Rising Seniors signed up for a 20 minute individual meeting with Mrs. Cole on February 9th through Sign Up Genius. Learners will need to bring their laptops and questions for this meeting. It is the learner's responsibility to remember their meeting date and time. If they are more than 5 minutes late, their meeting will be cancelled and they will need to reschedule. Rising Senior Meetings are scheduled from February 16th to February 26th. Rising Junior meetings are scheduled from February 29th to March 10th.
Upcoming Campus Events
- February 16 - 5th Informational Meeting for incoming rookie learners at 6:30 pm
- February 17 - Snacker Challenge
- February 18 - Informational Meeting for incoming rookie learners at 6:30 pm
- February 26 - End of 6 weeks
- February 29- Spring Open House from 6:30 - 7:30 pm
- March 2 - Chipotle Day from 5 - 9 pm
- March 5- Sadie Hawkins Dance
- March 9 - All applications due by 4pm for incoming rookies
- March 11- Campus lottery
- March 22 - Dual Credit Parent Meeting 6:30
- March 24- Salata Fundraiser from 4:30 - 8:30
- March 25 - Bad Weather Day
- March 28 - Commitment letters due for all NEW NTH@C learners