*Ladies First* Half Marathon & 5K
Running by THE BOOK - The Official Ladies First Training Plan
The Ladies First Race Series is thrilled to announce our partnership with Running by The Book! Corinne Baur, author, wrote this book and the half marathon training plan while living in North Central Florida. Corinne's training plan will be the Ladies First official Training Plan for your October race.
Your 12 week Half Marathon training kicks off on July 13th! If you need a solid 10K training plan to prepare you for your Half Marathon training, start now!
You can order a copy of Corinne's book (with training plans, a devotional, and journal included) or you can download her training plans at http://www.runningbythebook.com/downloads/. We are officially in week 2 of the 10K plan.
Follow us on Facebook for more training tips and motivation from Corinne!
2nd Annual Ladies First at Ocala Hilton - October 3rd and 4th
The Ladies First Half Marathon & 5K, benefiting the North Central Florida Breast Cancer Foundation, is returning to Ocala this fall with new features and course highlights every runner will be talking about, including pace teams and a champagne brunch at the finish line.
Your Race Weekend Highlights Include:
- Perfect Ladies (returning Ladies First runners) will receive a special gift at packet pick up
- Convenient packet pick up Location
- Race weekend promotional rates on rooms at the Hilton of Ocala
- Saturday night reception at the pool
- New beautiful start/finish location at the Hilton of Ocala
- Divisions include: Elite Ladies, Open Ladies, Open Girls, Open Men
- Chip-timed, USATF Certified Course
- Beautiful course through rolling hills of Central Florida's Horse Country!
- Pace Teams - Ladies, you will have full access to chase the men as they lead our pace teams.
- Photo stop stations throughout the course to fit with each of the themed aid stations
- Themed Aid Stations every 1.5 miles
Mile 1.6: Lookin' Good Station - Water
Mile 3: Keep It Pumpin' Station - Water and Gatorade
Mile 4.4: Grape Stompin' Station - Water, Grapes, Pretzels
Mile 6: Cookie Station - Water, Gatorade, Ice, Cookies
Mile 7.8: Pink Station and Memory Mile - Water, Pink Treats
Mile 8.8: Citrus Station - Water, Energy Gels/Chews, Orange Slices
Mile 10: Power Up - Water, Gatorade, Ice, Pretzels, Bananas
Mile 11.4: Victory Station - Water, Jelly Beans, Chocolate
Walker Friendly Courses - 4.5 hour time limit for half marathon course!
- Post - Half Marathon Champagne Brunch at Ocala's Hilton in Arthur's Bistro, with Pianist Kenneth Scott (cereal, pastries, fresh fruit, salad bar, made-to-order omelets, french toast, waffles, bacon, ham, soup, prime rib, etc.)
- Post - 5K Finisher Breakfast (pastries and fresh fruit)
- Official Ladies First tech shirt and finisher medal for all participants
- Overall Finisher and Age Group Winners will receive official Ladies First running apparel
- Free race day photos
- Hassle free registration transfer - All registrations can be transferred to a virtual race option up to October 3rd at no additional fee.
Virtual Race Option
New this year, we are adding a virtual race option for participants. Date conflicts, sickness, injury, or last minute family obligations are no problem. You can simply switch to the virtual race option and we will mail your race bib, tech shirt, and finisher medal to you. When you've finished your race, simply post your finish photo on our Facebook page so we can celebrate with you.