Behavior Intervention Plan
Who- All students
Last Name (space) First Initial (space) BIP (space) school year
EX: House A BIP 2014-2015
How To/Helpful Hints-\
· To start a new FBA and BIP select editable FBA or editable BIP and then save using the above file name.
· Beneficial information can be found in students prior FBA/BIP, on intake information, IEPs and BIPs.
· Utilize information from therapist, TES, teachers, and others that work with the student to determine information needed.
· Student Demographics
o Can be found on IEP, ETR, and in Client Contact
o Medical History
§ What are their previous diagnosis
§ Are they on medication
§ Do they take medication at school or home
o Problem Behavior
§ Take from FBA
· Include frequency, intensity, duration
o Hypothesis of why behavior is occurring
§ Take from FBA hypothesis
o Proactive Strategies
§ What is used for de-escalation
§ What helps support the student before the problem occurs
o Behavioral Instructional Strategies
§ What strategies will support the student
§ Life skills, coping skills, social skills, etc
o List specific skills
§ What will be taught to the student
o What format will they be taught in
§ Direct instruction
o Reinforcement Strategies
§ What will be done to support the student
· Time on the computer
· Gym time
· Lunch with teacher
o Responsive/Consequence Strategies
§ Verbal prompts
§ Loss of time
o Strategies to Address Behaviors
§ What is going to be used to address the behaviors
· Positive Behavior Supports
o Crisis Plan
§ What do the unsafe behavior look
§ What will happen?
o Goal and Objective
§ What is the goal, how will it be reached, what are the replacement behaviors.
o Data Collection Method
§ How will data be collected? Checklist, points, etc
o Roles and Responsibilities
§ Who does what? Teacher, staff, student, etc.