Peek at the Week
Week of April 1st-April 5th
High Needs Templates
We have now sent out preliminary High Needs Templates for students NEW this year to Southview. These are for students who have severe medical conditions (that require EA support) or have high behavioural needs (harm to self or others). If they were with us last year, we will just tweak their template as needed.
We ask that you:
1) Fill in the information the best you can. If you are more comfortable printing it off and writing it in, that is OK. Please send them back to Shannon, Jenny or Joanne (either email it back, or drop it in our mailboxes) by April 5th.
2) Let us know if we have missed someone who is new to Southview who fits the criteria. As we send out templates with student's names on them and you feel we have missed someone from your room who you feel fits the criteria of 1) medical needing EA support, or 2) harm to self or others, please let us know ASAP.
It is important to note that not all students who receive EA support need a full High Needs Template filled out for them.
Later in the spring we will be drafting the full student support list as we do EA groupings for next year.
Thanks for your help with this important information. Please ask if you have any questions.
2nd Annual Staff Blue Jays Trip
Okay, so it's not really the 2nd annual but we're going to call it that!
Sat. May 11 Blue Jays vs. Chicago White Sox
Pickup and Drop-off by McCoy Mid Size Coach (with bathroom) in Kingston and Napanee
-leave Kingston around 10:00 am, pick up in Napanee around 10:30
-arrive early afternoon to downtown Toronto in time for lunch before the game
-game time 3:07, return home after with stops again in Napanee and Kingston
Cost would be between $90-$110 a person (depending on what level of tickets we pick)
Our first trip was a huge success! If interested in joining in our trip, please contact Beth Myers ASAP!
This Week at Southview:
Monday, April 1st (Day 4)
- Kindness Rocks (Gallupe)
- Joanne @ NDSS for morning
- Staff April Showers of Kindness Begins
Tuesday, April 2nd (Day 5)
- Kindness Rocks (Gallupe)
- World Autism Awareness Day- Light it Up Blue by wearing Blue!
- Primary Family Math Night 5:30-6:30 in the library. Primary teachers please promote with the RSVP link HERE
Wednesday, April 3rd (Day 1)
- Staff Zumba @ 3:45
- Joanne away all day @ District Principal's Meeting
- Grade 7 sharing projects @ Napanee Museum
Thursday, April 4th (Day 2)
- Staff Yoga @ 3:50
- Math Olympics- Team Gallupe
Friday, April 5th
- PA Day: Link to Proposed Agenda HERE
- High Needs Templates due
Reward being offered for the person who spots this pirate. Known to frequent the upstairs workroom and to use the alias "Mrs. H" or "Missy". Keep a close eye on your Tim Hortons tea until this pirate is caught!
Upcoming Events and Special Days
April 8/9~ Kindness Rocks- Bridgen
April 8-12~Book Fair
April 9~ EQAO teacher meeting @ 8:30
April 15~ Jump Rope for Heart Kick-Off
April 16~ Staff Meeting
April 17~ Gould Lake-Gillam, Gaffney, Gorman
April 18~ Kinder Gymnastics Trip
April 18~ Grade 2 to SPC
April 19~ Holiday-no school
April 22~ Holiday-no school
April 23~ IPRCs
April 24~ Grade 4 (Hall) to Little Cat
April 24~ Grade 2 to SPC
April 26~ Talent Show
May 11~ Staff Blue Jays game!!