U.S. Presidential Poster
- At least 35 years old
- A Native- born Citizen
- Resident for the past 14 years.
Roles Of Presidents
- Head of State
- Commander-in-Chief of military
- Chief Executive of Federal Bureaucracy.
Expressed Powers of The President
Inherent Powers of The President
- Executive Agreements - Executive Agreements are not binding on Presidents unless they are authorized by Congress.
- Executive Orders - Executive Orders are legally binding orders given by the President. Are generally used to direct federal agencies/officials.
How Can The President Check The Legislative Branch and Judicial Branch ?
- Checks and Balances
The President appoints all Federal Judges.
The Legislative Branch must approve all appointments that the President makes.
The Senate must approve treaties that the President makes; and the Legislative Branch may investigate the Executive Branch.
Expansion and Contraction of Presidential Power
* Executive Privilege
* Pocket Vetoes
- War Powers Act