Desert Sage Elementary Newsletter - October 16, 2020
12:05 p.m. Early Release Next Week
Please be sure to make appropriate arrangements for your child's early pickup on these days.
Our continued teamwork will ensure students are learning, socializing, staying healthy, and being safe. Thank you for all of your continued support.
Parent/Teacher Conference Sign-Up
It is time to schedule your child’s fall parent/teacher conference. Conferences are next week, October 19 through October 23. Evening conference appointments are being provided on Thursday, October 22. All fall conferences will be held virtually through Zoom. Once you have scheduled your conference appointment you will receive confirmation that includes the Zoom link for your specific conference date and time. For confidentiality purposes, please do not share this Zoom link information with anyone.
Conference appointment scheduling link: CLICK HERE
COVID-19 Reporting Procedures for Students & Parents
DVUSD strives to create a safe and supportive learning environment for its students and staff. In an effort to prevent the transmission of COVID-19, multiple mitigation strategies will be implemented. There is no guarantee, however, that DVUSD campuses will remain free of COVID-19. This document provides specific guidance for parents to follow if their child(ren) test positive for COVID-19, suspect a potential positive COVID-19 case, or have come into contact with someone who is positive or potentially positive with COVID-19. Specific district information can be found below.
Process for reporting for parent(s):
If a student tests positive for COVID-19 or has symptoms of COVID-19, or if a student has come into close contact (within 6 feet for 10 or more minutes), the parent should do the following:
- Keep child at home.
- If child tests positive or has COVID-19 like symptoms and has had close contact with siblings who attend DVUSD schools, then other siblings should stay home as well.
- Complete the Student COVID-19 Information Form at https://url.dvusd.org/COVID19ReportingForm.
- Email the campus nurse and a designated campus administrator informing them of the situation. Specify in the email if the situation involves a positive test, suspected positive test or close contact with someone who has had a positive test or suspected positive test. Include in the email: Name, student ID number, date of test and date that symptoms began.
- Complete regular student absence procedures for notifying school of student absence.
- If a parent has any questions, the parent can email COVID19concerns@dvusd.org and/or the campus nurse.
- A district representative will follow up with the parent regarding the received report and continue contact tracing data collection. This may be a campus or district based representative.
Maricopa County Department of Public Health (MCDPH) has provided a helpful tool called the Home Isolation Decision Maker Tool. If you have questions about whether your child should isolate at home, this tool can help. The tool can be accessed by visiting www.maricopa.gov/covidisolationtool.
All information is available at: DVUSD Return to School Safely website
Birthday & Seasonal Party Treats
Desert Sage staff will continue to celebrate student's birthdays and seasonal events, just without the addition of treats. Students will be celebrated on the morning announcements, given cards and goodies from the school, and be celebrated within their classroom by their teachers and classmates. If you have questions about how your child's teacher celebrates within the classroom, please contact them directly.
Message from Desert Sage PTO
Desert Sage Elementary PTO are selling school spirit masks!
The mask are:
- 100% cotton
- Black fabric with a purple gecko on the side
- $5.00 per mask
To purchase masks go to https://pto-masks.cheddarup.com. Then also email email@example.com with your student's first and last name, student's homeroom teacher, how many masks ordered, and how you paid (check, credit card, cash).
AZ School Tax Credit for Desert Sage
Your school tax credit donations can provide Desert Sage students with opportunities to after school and summer programs, field trips, music and athletic programs or any other extracurricular activity.
The Arizona tax credit program (A.R.S. 43-1089.01) allows a tax credit of up to $200 for individuals and up to $400 for married couples, filing jointly, in support of extracurricular activities.
The tax credit reduces your tax burden to the state of Arizona, dollar for dollar.
This year, AZ tax credit dollars can help us purchase needed capital items as well if donated to the general fund.