REMINDER: On Friday, Dec. 20th, school will be released at 12:45 pm.
Holiday Choir Concert
Loss of Credit Due to Absences
Need to purchase your Senior Ad or yearbook? Click the button and you will be redirected to our BHS Balfour site.
College & Career Ready Elks
1/23/19 Parent and Student meeting for Juniors
1/30/19 TSI Testing at BHS Sign-up here
College Scorecard that students and families can use to compare college costs and outcomes
- FAFSA Mobile App - The 2020-2021 FAFSA form is live as of October 1! To promote a fully integrated customer experience, the fafsa.gov website has been synchronized with the myStudentAid mobile app's myFAFSA component, allowing customers to switch easily between the online FAFSA form and the myStudentAid mobile app, picking up where they left off in the other platforms.
- Six Things to do After Completing FAFSA
- Six Things to do After Completing FAFSA in Spanish
- Weisinger Law Firm Deadline: May 31
This link will take you to a pdf of all the scholarships that the district has information on. They are all organized by due date. The ones highlighted in teal are local scholarships.
I know searching for scholarships can get overwhelming. Start by exploring the pdf and to making a list of the ones you potentially qualify for and then make a schedule or set a goal to complete a certain number of applications a week. Some students try to do one a week and some try to do more; it kind of depends on the types of scholarships they are filling out.
Make sure you check the College & Career Twitter page for new scholarships!
- Complete FAFSA
- Send SAT/ACT to colleges
- Apply to at least 3 colleges (most deadlines are before Thanksgiving)
- Send transcripts to colleges (link here)
- Begin applying for Scholarships (ideally, 4-5 per week)
- Sign up to take SAT/ACT in fall 2019 or spring 2020
- Take SAT/ACT again over summer and/or Aug./Sept. of senior year
- Identify at least 5 colleges where you’d want to apply and figure out admission requirements
REGISTER FOR SPRING COURSES
Students, make sure you register for the spring semester of your dual credit class!
National Honor Society
2/5/20 February Meeting at 8:15 in the BHS Library
- 3/4/20 March Meeting at 8:15 in the BHS Library
- 4/1/20 April Meeting at 8:15 in the BHS Library
- 4/14/20 NHS Induction
Want to stay up-to-date on all #Elk Family events? Click the button to be redirected to the Burleson High School Calendar.