It's A Jungle in There...
Monthly Happenings in the JGMES Media Center- November 2015
What Have We Been Up To In Media?
- 4th grade students have been learning the BIG 6 Research model in order to locate sources for their animal research papers.
- 3rd graders have been filming fables they wrote in class and using the green screen for some creative backgrounds.
- 1st and 2nd graders have been exploring story elements, spelling skills, and reinforcing math skills through library centers.
- Kindergartners have been learning about how characters in a story can change.
Media Center Daily Schedule
8:45 am-9:15 am: Open Check-out
9:15 am- 12:00 pm: Flexible schedule for collaboration/Open check-out
12:00 pm-3:45 pm: Closed for Check-out/Fixed Media Class Schedule for grades K-2
See below for some helpful Thanksgiving links!
Days of Instruction: 16.5 (excluding book fair days)
Total number of circulations: 3,006
Check-outs per student (based on 520 students): 5.29
Check-outs per instructional day: 182
Circulations to date (beginning of the school year to Oct. 31): 6,948
Number of class visits during flexible hours: 12
Number of fixed media classes: 64
Grade level with the most check-outs: 1st grade
Homeroom with the most check-outs: Ms. Gittleson's class
- Little Bits
- MaKey MaKey
- Squishy Circuits
- Lego Mindstorm EVS (robotics kits)
- Raspberry Pi
- Doodler 3D Printing Pen
- 3D Printer
- Osmo Gaming System
There are tons of videos that demonstrate ways to use these high tech tools online. Check some out! Below are some examples of how to utilize MaKey MaKey kits and Doodler 3D printing pens!