WINTER PARK BAND Weekly Newsletter
October 25, 2020
Full Outdoor Band Rehearsal
Tuesday, Oct. 27th, 3-5pm
2100 Summerfield Road
Winter Park, FL
Jazz Ensemble I Outdoor Rehearsal
Wednesday, Oct. 28th, 1:45-3pm
2100 Summerfield Road
Winter Park, FL
No School/Teacher Professional Day
Friday, Oct. 30th, 12am
2100 Summerfield Road
Winter Park, FL
From Mr. Clemente
Dear Winter Park Band families,
I hope everyone is enjoying a relaxing weekend!
We have a short week this week with no school on Friday. As I'm sure you have all seen on the calendar, our football game this week is on Thursday evening. Again, as has been reflected on the calendar, that means that we will only have Outdoor Band rehearsal on Tuesday. As we have done in the past, the Band will take a rehearsal close to halloween and hold a costume contest. Students are encouraged to wear their costumes to rehearsal on Tuesday, 10/27 and at the end of rehearsal we will vote as a group on the most outstanding costume. Remember, the costume must be school-appropriate and cannot get in the way of your performance during rehearsal. Looking forward to seeing some wonderful creativity!
Senior Night Pictures: Senior students and parents/guardians of senior students, please follow the link below to find the on-field pictures taken from Senior Night on Friday, 10/16. Thank you to Jen Adams Photography for the wonderful images!
- Photo Gallery
- Password: fall
Let's have a great week!
From the Band Booster President
Week of October 25, 2020
Hello everyone. We have our next to the last game of the season on Thursday night (not Friday night). Thank you to all of the volunteers who have signed up to help. For the last game of the season (November 6-Orange Pep Band), we are still in need of volunteers. Please sign up to help if you are able.
Thank you to all of the volunteers who have helped this year so far. It has looked different, but we so appreciate everyone’s help in making things run so smoothly for the band. As always, please read your email regularly for any updates, as things can change rapidly. Thank you everyone, and have a wonderful (short) week.
PARENT VOLUNTEERS - WE NEED YOUR HELP!
A huge THANK YOU to all our Band parents who have volunteered to chaperone at our first two football games of the school year. I encourage everyone to take a moment and become an approved chaperone so you can help us at future events!
Now that we know that we have upcoming needs for parent chaperones, it's time to either renew as an ADDitions volunteer or apply if you've never done so. It is easy to apply and get approved, and it is a requirement to sign up to volunteer at school. Be prepared to upload a photo and please be sure to read the Covid-19 Acknowledgment.
Follow this link at ocps.net:
- winterparkhsband.com > Click on the ADDitions icon in the center of the home page, just below the SchoolPay.com icon.
- *Click "Volunteer Now"
- Click on the "Additions Volunteers" round button
- Click "Volunteers" as the Opportunity Type
- Select the school of your choice. (Winter Park High)
- Select opportunity #1 called: "Become an ADDitions School Volunteer" (MUST BE THE FIRST OPPORTUNITY SELECTED) and then click "view details". Click "Sign up" Then either sign in if you already have an account or create a new Volunteer Profile account.
- Renewal Applicants can check their Dashboard for eligibility status. Everyone will need to answer or update your safety questions. Just follow the prompts. Then click "Previously Registered Volunteer Next Steps" if you want to search for volunteer opportunities outside of band. *Application is processed and subject to a background check
- If you're a new applicant, click "New Volunteer Next Steps" if you want to look for volunteer opportunities outside of band.
- If you only want to volunteer for band, there is no need to click the "Search for opportunities" link.
- If we become ready for volunteers, you can sign up for band opportunities on charmsoffice.com under "Parents/Students/Members", then enter the school code: WinterparkHSBand, enter your password, click "volunteer", then select an event and opportunity. At this time it is not necessary to sign up for anything. However, if you have a moment, it's helpful to walk through the steps of signing up so you are familiar with the process.
If you have any questions or concerns about volunteering or signing up with ADDitions, don't hesitate to contact me at email@example.com.
Robyn Fodor - Band Volunteer Coordinator
Unlike a full band rehearsal experience, studying with a private teacher focuses in on the student’s individual needs. Students who study privately once a week from a professional musician are usually those who excel and find Band more enjoyable. These students frequently earn positions in honor groups like All-State and All-County, and make entry into our more advanced bands like Wind Symphony and Jazz Ensemble I. Some even go on to earn college scholarships, even if they are not majoring in music!
By following the link below, you will find a list of local private teachers. This list is not exhaustive, and there may be other individuals who are not on the list. If you know a private teacher who should be added (or would like to be deleted), please contact Mr. Clemente at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW PARENT LIAISON
If you are having a technology issue and have not yet reached out to the school about resolution, please email Mr. Steffey at Donald.Steffey@ocps.net to set up an appointment at school for your computer to be looked at. Email should be sent as soon as you read this!
As a reminder, students are considered present in their LaunchED class if they:
- Joined the call before the tardy bell.
- Have their camera on the entire class period.
- Are able to be seen, face and instrument, in the camera view.
- Participate in class from bell to bell.
Students who do not have their camera on for the duration of class, and we have not received an email from the school stating awareness of the issue and work towards it being resolved, will be marked absent.
Thank you for your work to resolve these technology issues!
FINANCES & CHARMS
Past Due Band Payments
- Band Registration Fair Share - $25.00 Due 5/5
- Fair Share Payment 1 - $25.00 Due 8/19
- Fair Share Payment 2 - $25.00 Due 9/30
- Jazz Fair Share Payment 1(if applies) - $15.00 Due 9/30
- School Instrument Semester 1 Maintenance(if applies) - $60.00 Due 9/30
Viewing your Student's Financial Account in Charms:
There is a direct link to Charms in "Quick Links" on the band website.
- Our school code is winterparkhsband
- The Student Area Password would be a unique password that either the student or parent have set up. (If you don't know the password it can be reset by one of the band directors).
- Once you have logged into the Student Area, click on the round, red $ symbol on the top menu bar to view your student's account
- If your student has earned Band Account Credit (in the Miscellaneous Ledger) this credit can be transferred to pay for many band fees: Fair Share, School Instrument Maintenance, Registration Fees for All-State, All-County and Solo Ensemble.
Requesting a Credit Transfer to pay for Fixed Payments Due:
- Click on the "Transfer Request" tab just below the round, red $ symbol. Select the fixed payment you would like to pay for using the credit. The request is sent to the band directors and the band booster treasurer.
- SENIORS: Please check your credit balance and use it accordingly during the year. Credit for Seniors left at the end of the year can only be transferred to siblings.
2020-2021 FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS SCHEDULE