Room 113 News September 14
This week there is no school for students on Thursday and Friday.
Dear Parents and Students,
In honor of the United Nations’ International Peace Day on September 21, ISB will host its first ever Pre-K-12 Peace Day Celebration in Rajendra Hall. Unfortunately, due to numbers, this is a student only event. Peace Day is a way to recognize the efforts of those who have worked to end conflict and promote peace; and to celebrate a commitment to peace within ourselves, our families, our school, our community, and our world.
Students should wear their white ISB shirts on this day, as white is the international color of peace.
For more information see http://www.peaceoneday.org/
Please look for other Peace Day events taking place on campus.
On Monday, we will launch our unit of study on characters. Readers will think about characters' traits, feelings, actions, and words. Then, they will make thoughtful predictions and share insights into how getting to know a character can help them understand and better connect with a text.
Writers pull seed stories out of watermelon ideas
The writing process
We have been focusing on each step of the writing process.
We show each other where we are in the process, so we can use the right strategies and also work with others.
- how to use cm cubes as measurement tools
- how to construct our own measurement tools
- knowing when to use centimetres and when to use meters
- using mental benchmarks for estimation
- compare lengths in centimetres and meters
- compare metric lengths with non-standard lengths
- solving word problems with a ruler
- drawing diagrams to represent different lengths for comparison and problem solving
- using measurement skills in two step word problems