HOLY ROSARY PRIMARY SCHOOL | WELCOME
Information for New Students and Families
Welcome from the Principal
Welcome to Holy Rosary School! We are so pleased to have your family join our school community.
We understand that starting at a new school is the beginning of a new phase for your family - we are here to help and support you.
Mark de Kluyver
Where to go on your first day
Meet at the office at 8.30 am and we will show you to your classroom.
School ends at 3.05 pm – parents meet their child outside the classroom; collect at Kiss & Ride at the car park; or meet at the gates on Williamstown Road near upper primary.
A map is on the Families page of our website.
What to wear
- SUMMER: Girl's dress and boy's shirt and shorts
- WINTER: Girl's skirt and boy's shorts or trousers, all with shirt and tie
- WHITE SPORT: on Physical education day
- FACTION SPORT: on class sport for Edu-Dance day
- SCHOOL SHOES: Black
- TRAINERS: Predominantly black or white
The full school uniform is in our Parent Handbook.
Uniform is ordered from the Families page on our website.
What to bring
You will just need your drink bottle and food for recess and lunch on your first day. You may also bring in a piece of fresh fruit or vegetables for class Crunch & Sip.
Contacting your child's teacher
If you would like to meet with your child's teacher, please make an appointment via the office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any emails to the teacher are also sent via the office; our teachers respond promptly, usually with a phone call to you.
Read the weekly newsletter
- Merit awards - we list the children receiving merit awards at the Friday assembly
- Dates coming up - know what's happening and when
Follow our school Facebook for news
Operates Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
Full Day: 9.00 am – 3.00 pm
Half Day: 9.00 am – 12.30 pm
KINDERGARTEN (Four-year old)
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
9.00 am – 3.00 pm
PRE PRIMARY AND PRIMARY SCHOOL
Classrooms Open: 8.30 am
Class Commences: 8.45 am
Morning Recess: 10.55 am – 11.05 pm
Lunch: 1.05 pm – 1.55 pm
School Concludes: 3.05 pm
Before school supervision is available in the undercover area between 8 am and 8.30am. If you need to drop your child earlier, please make use of Outside School Hours Care.
Outside School Hours Care - Discovery Kids
- Five days a week during term time
- Vacation Care during school holidays.
- Available for children attending Pre-Kindy through to Year Six
Outside School Hours Care information is on the Families page of our website.