Pillar 1: Leadership Development
NASC Conference 2016
Pillar 2: Service
- Service + Water
- Water a neighbor’s flower beds one morning. Replace some dying flowers.
- Wash neighbors' cars.
- Relief from the Georgia Heat
- Hand out cold water bottles to the mail carrier, garbage collector, construction workers, and homeless.
- Hold a lemonade stand for Alex’s Lemonade Stand. A charity to help raise money for childhood cancer.
Pillar 3: Membership
Pillar 4: Connections
Pillar 5: Democratic Principles
Georgia Government Fun Facts
- Georgia became a state on January 2, 1788.
- Georgia has had five capitals: Savannah (1777-1785), Augusta (1786-1789), Louisville (1789-1807), Milledgeville (1807-1867), Atlanta (1868-present).
- Georgia has 16 Electoral votes, 2 U.S. Senators, 14 U.S. Representatives, 56 State Senators, and 180 State Representatives.
Georgia Official Seal
Adopted in 1799
Georgia State Capitol
Opened in 1889
Also where GASC holds its annual LEADERSHIP SUMMIT!
Georgia State Flag
Adopted in 2004
Pillar 6: Advisor Development
GASC Advisor Conference
This event is for Advisors Only! The conference will begin Friday evening
(September 16th) and conclude on Saturday afternoon (September 17th).
Registration is just $125 and covers your meals (dinner Fri., breakfast &
lunch Sat.) and all your programming. We will have sessions for new
advisors as well as sessions for more experienced advisors. There will
also be guest speakers from the Carl Vinson Institute that will be leading
sessions on Robert's Rules, Public Speaking, and Constituent Services that
we can use to better train our students.
In addition, we will be offering an exclusive pre-conference training by
the Fanning Student Leadership Institute on Friday, September 16th
The pre-conference (9a.m.-4p.m.) will offer training on this curriculum and provide you with ALL of the curriculum resources! The cost is $200 and includes the curriculum
resources and lunch.
*If more than one advisor from a school wishes to attend the pre-conference
and will share curriculum resources, the cost for the second advisor will
be $150. Please contact me before registering in order to get the coupon
To register for these great events, please follow this link:
Once on the site you will need to create an account (name, email, etc) and
then you will be able to get registered. Or, you can use the paper
registration form found on the site.
We look forward to seeing you at both events, so register soon! The
pre-conference event will be capped at 30 participants, so don't miss out on this incredible opportunity!
Making a Difference
Congratulations to our very own High School Advisor Liaison, Mr. Dan Kamykowski, who was recently featured in an article about helping students becoming leaders. See the article below!