Public School Kindergarten
Free education for children Ages 5-6
What you should know :
- Kindergarten is a class or a school that prepares children for first grade.
- A child in kindergarten is typically 5 or 6 years old.
- Public School Kindergarten typically starts at 7:20 a.m. and ends at 2:30 p.m.
- Public Schools across america offer Kindergarten as a begging class to prepare children for the upcoming grades they will be going to.
What will your child learn in Kindergarten?
- Letters and their sounds
- How to write, and tell the difference between Vowels and Consonants
- Numbers and counting
- Identifying the time and the seasons
- Shapes and identifying objects
Facts About Public School Kindergarten:
- Kindergarten classes in North Carolina are offered 185 days per year.
- The typical teacher to student ratio for NC Kindergarten programs is 1:18.
- Play is a big factor in kindergarten, children will develop self skills by creative activities such as dramatic play, arts and crafts, block building, and music.