St. Croix Central High School
May 14, 2018
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY
We are focused on students first. Communication - Professionalism - Family
Our Vison of Learning
In full support of our district mission and vision we at SCC High School are committed to...
Creating a learning experience built on creativity, choice, efficiency, and engagement, resulting in high-achieving and creative problem-solvers who take intellectual risks to discover the world around them and maximize their potential.
2017-18 Building Goals
2. During the 2017-18 school year we will develop and utilize effective methods of assessment, student reflection, and feedback.
3. During the 2017-18 school year 100% of departments / courses will complete work on essential standards, learning targets, and pacing.
Shout Outs and Celebrations
- Our wonderful Paras for their kindness and support for our teachers. We all gained a little extra weight this week but it was worth it.
- Tera and Bill for changing their Chapter 12 assessment to more of an SBA model. For trying a new way to process (grade) the student performance in a manner that includes them and drives valuable discussions. Bill, for using "Group Think" to review. We learn a ton when people take the risk. Thank you.
- Nic for organizing the Mad City Money event.
- Frau Lucking for mentoring our new German teacher (Arianna Wirebaugh).
- Chris Deno for creating the "incomplete" list each Friday.
- Jordee for his amazing work on the mural outside the tech ed room. If you haven't seen it, go take a look. It will be worth the expended energy.
- THANK YOU for taking care of your EE responsibilities. We are very close to being done.
- Professional bus racer - Jordee Reimer
Science - Technology - Engineering - Art & Math Display
- What are you most proud of this school year?
- What is one thing you will focus on for next year?
- On what topic, skill or technique would you most like to receive more training (PD)?
- How can the HS administration help you?
Please work with Lori to schedule your honest conversation with Kurt.
"It seems to be a law of nature, inflexible and inexorable, that those who will not risk cannot win."
- John Paul Jones
Thursday, May 17th, 1pm
ST. Croix Central Community Auditorium
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Here Comes Jordeeee
Coming Up This Week
Monday, May 14
- 7:30 am - SBA/R Committee - Main Office Conference Room
- 8:00 am - 11:00 am - Juniors: Mad City Money - Haug
Tuesday, May 15
- 7:35 am - 8:05 am - BLT Meeting
- 7:30 am - 12:00 pm - AP Calculus Exam
- Lunch via Food Truck: Place order here
Wednesday, May 16
- All Day: Band and Choir Valleyfair - Conway & Arnold
- 7:35 am - 8:15 am - Faculty Meeting
- 12:00 pm - 2:30 pm - AP Macroeconomics Exam
- 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm - PITcrew Final Meeting
Thursday, May 17 - ID GRADUATION DAY
- 7:35 am - 8:00 am - SBA&R Department Meeting: by request
- 7:45 am - 11:15 am - AP Comparative Government Exam
- 8:30 am - 10:00 am - HSLT Meeting
- 11:00 am - 1:00 pm - Hoffman Park Disc Golf - Langman
- 1:00 pm - 1:15 pm - ID Auditorium (ALL ARE WELCOME) - reception to follow.
Friday, May 18 - STAFF PD
- All Day - Professional Development
Field Trip Information - Please Read
Th form can be found in the "High School Information" - "Field Trip Information" folders on the Google Drive.
- When you open the document it should require you to make a copy. If not, please let me know and make a copy of your own.
- Print the document and turn it in with your field trip request form.
If the trip is deemed "non-academic" the students will need to absorb the cost of travel (i.e. a reward trip to Valley Fair) within the fee. We can discuss that when the form is turned in and you can plan accordingly and communicate that information with the students.
HS admin will work with you to determine if the bus costs will be passed on to the students. However, every trip must include this document regardless if it's an academic field trip or not.
Thank you for cooperating with this request.