March 30, 2015
You have only failed if you have given up. Until then, it's learning.
Click the red button to go directly to the staff online calendar. The two weeks shown below is just a snapshot as of 3/27/15
News to Roar About
- Thank you Keith Brown for taking care of our sound system. You have set it up and then put it away numerous times for each program we have. Your attention to the details is appreciated.
- Thank you drama and dance coaches: Jennifer Tatum, Tisha Spain, Linda Pulliam, Sondra Wilson. You teach these talented young people how to use their talents, and to enjoy performing. Thanks for your gifts of time, enthusiasm, and talent.
- Thank you Joan Tullis and team. Behind the scenes, you make things happen at Harbins. For each program countless chairs are moved, the stage is pulled out and pushed in, risers are moved - and moved again. What a team of professionals we have at Harbins!
- Thank you to Linda Wood for providing so many excellent performance opportunities for our students this year! It is exciting to see so many friends just bloom on stage!
- Cheryl Hall and Heather Garren's for sharing your students for Leadership Academy! The students did a SUPER job!
- Christy for donating a Saturday morning to attend the Job Fair. Your investment supports the district in finding great teachers!
- Heather, Terri and Paula for organizing the Cupcake Challenge! We cannot wait to partake of the yummy cupcakes!
- 4th grade for an outstanding collaborative planning session! What an awesome team!
- Grades 1-5 for doing an excellent job with DDAs. It takes everyone doing their part for it to go well and your attention to the details makes it work for all.
- Christy for your organization and leadership on the DDA administration!
- Thanks to everyone who helped with small group testing during DDAs. We appreciate your support of the students!
- Paula for leading your grade levels in DDA data analysis! We appreciate your facilitation of this work.
- Grades 3-5 teachers for digging into your DDA data to support student success with the AKS. We appreciate your careful analysis and reflection.
- Harbins chorus for an amazing year of peformances! We enjoyed every one of them and love that you ended it with Rock n Roll Forever. It was a toe-tapper! Great job!
- Shelly Everett for her time and investment to design our 20th birthday logo. We cannot wait to see the final product!
- Bridget Saldana, Kathy Schmidt and Trisha Connor for sharing with School Council on Thursday. They were very impressed with all that you shared!
- Tom Gibby for his leadership and hard work to organize field days for over 1000 students! We are grateful to you for providing this opportunity!
- Thank you to our certified teachers for completing the LSTC and Media Specialist surveys. We know you have been asked to complete a large number of surveys and we appreciate your time and feedback!
- 2nd grade students and teachers for an awesome field trip on Thursday! You represented Harbins in a positive manner and the trip was a success as result.
- Thank you to Amy Moore and her team for feeding us well on Fridays.
Don't forget to join the Cupcake Challenge after school today!
Leadership Academy Graduation and Book of Honor
- May 6 Kindergarten
- May 11 1st Grade
- May 12 2nd Grade
- May 13 3rd Grade
- May 14 4th Grade
Volunteer Breakast on April 2--THIS THURSDAY
The theme is iBuild a Better Future. Archer colors are great for those who wish to color coordinate.
- Support and 1st grade- fruit
- Special areas- paper products
- Kindergarten- beverages
- Special ed teachers (s/c and resource)- pastries
- Self-cont paras- casseroles
- 2nd grade; casseroles
- 3rd grade: pastries
- 4th grade: 1 grits and casseroles
- 5th grade: bagels, cream cheese/spreads, etc. and condiments
Kid Talk Assessments
Please go ahead and start administering now and plan to continue the week after spring break. Otherwise time will run out before you need the data. You might consider starting with exemplars and Big 20s and those that you can do as a class first to get them completed.
Bruster's Blue Ice
DDA Test Scores
Area Board Meeting
Fun Run 10% Back to Classrooms
eCLASS Summer Staff Development
The attached link is to an online flyer with information on eCLASS Summer Staff Development Sessions. The online flyer includes course descriptions, dates and locations as well as PDE section numbers. For questions about eCLASS Summer Staff Development please email or call Dona Smith in the eCLASS office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 678-301-7293.
Spring Assessments: Please begin rotating F&P kits the week of March 30th. If kits need restocking, please send them to Dalton's room or email levels needed. The deadline for entering Kidtalk data is Thursday, April 30th. If extra Word Study Big 20 copies are needed, please email Dalton with this information, too.
Second grade teachers will need to utilize the upper grades kits on the mornings of GMAS testing.
Administrative Professionals Day
The It Factor
Who can attend? Administrators, Teachers, Media Specialists and LSTCs
What is happening now? Registration for the 5th Annual Gwinnett Digital Learning Conference
When is the conference? June 11 from 8:30 - 3:45. Registration begins at 7:30.
Where is the conference: ISC
How can I register?
· Log on to the employee portal
· Click on the PD&E icon on the portal home page
· Search by title: ME - Gwinnett Digital Learning Conference or search by course number: 14593
· Register for the conference.
Need registration assistance? Email GCPS Technology Training or call 678-301-6609
Want more information?
· Check out the conference web site at https://sites.google.com/a/gcpsmediatech.org/gdlc/ for more details.
· Conference registrants will receive Choice Session information on April 1st.
Media Center Closed
Technology Weekly Update (Please click each week for new info.)
Grade Level Professional Learning
- April 1 - Tool Time
- April 15 - STEM Team Redelivery
- April 16 - Grade Level Staff Development - Math/Literacy Combo
Classroom Spirit Award
School Improvement Team
The SIT Team meeting will be held on March 31 from 1:15 - 4:00. Location: Professional Development Room. Read professional article for our session.
News to Roar About
We will place “News to Roar About” in the Roar each Monday. It is our hope that throughout the year that you will take time to send us a note to let us know about a colleague who deserves recognition for outstanding work. Please be sure to share your compliments with us so we can highlight those individuals in the Roar. You can email compliments to Cindy Truett or Montine Powell.
Leaders in Learning
A Chrome file will be shared with each teacher, please go in to list your Leader in Learning for August when Montine sends out the notification email.