Loudoun Cares Volunteer Center
One-Stop Volunteer Resource: Agency Managers Update
Agency Managers: The Volunteer Center Upgrade Launches May 19th
Reminder: What is the Loudoun Cares Volunteer Center?
The Loudoun Cares Volunteer Center is the one stop location to match your agency needs with the many volunteers and potential volunteers in Loudoun County. Some of the things you can do through the Loudoun Cares Volunteer Center include:
- Recruit Volunteers
- Manage and report volunteer hours
- Mobilize volunteers for emergency response teams
- Request in-kind donations
- Promote upcoming events and increase community involvement
- Identify needs for board and advocacy services
Stay connected. Most people are socially connected through their mobile phones. The new Loudoun Cares Volunteer Center now features mobile accessible functionality to keep you connected with your volunteers. Volunteers can view needs, receive notifications, and sign up to volunteer or donate from their mobile phones!
With your partnership, we can enhance this tool and get the community connected to your organization. In this newsletter you will find a sneak peak into this tool, training available to you, and some quick action steps to get started.
What does the new Volunteer Center look like? How can it help Loudoun County connect volunteers with your agency? Check out this short video for a sneak peak.
Online and Live Web Training Available for Agency Managers
Agency Managers: Get to know the Volunteer Center
The Loudoun Cares Volunteer Center is powered by Galaxy Digital. Your role as Agency Manager is easy to learn. Take a few minutes to check out these resources.
Register now for the Agency Manager Training: Pick a time that works for you. Sessions are only 45 minutes.
Can't make it to one of these live sessions? Check out this recorded training video.
Take Action: How to Get Started
The new Volunteer Center launches on May 19th. All of your existing information will be transferred and your login information will be unchanged.
However, we encourage you to take a few minutes to make this resource even better for Loudoun County with five simple steps.
- Update your agency profile by letting Loudoun County know your mission, what you do, and how to reach you. (There are NO fees or charges associated with this service.)
- Add your social media contacts (Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Google Plus, and Twitter) to get the word out in your social network.
- Add your logo and photos showing who you are and what is happening.
- Post needs and events to match with volunteer interests (volunteers for physical labor, clerical labor, in-kind giving, non-profit professional employment, advocacy opportunities, board committee services, and many more).
- Watch the volunteers come to you as people in Loudoun County match their interests with your needs through the Volunteer Center.
Below are just some of the examples of the needs you can post to match volunteer interests.
Coming in the Fall of 2016: Volunteer Management Classes
Coming this Fall join us as we will be offering Volunteer Management Classes. More details to come.