Influence on the Constitiution
Samuel Adams and Thomas Hobbes
Articles of Confederation.
This document was crucial in the success of the Constitution because the Constitution fixed all the mistakes that were made in the Articles of Confederation.
- helped to create the Social Contract Theory
Social Contract Theory
- in earliest history, humans lived in which no government existed and no one was inferior to anyone
- no authority existed that protected anyone
- over time, humans agreed to create a state
- people within a given area agreed to give up power needed to promote safety and well being of others
- The Articles of Confederation leaned more toward states rights' and individual liberties.
- Hobbes' Social Contract Theory is a form of natural law in which expressed these beliefs.
- Samuel Adams helped formed the Articles of Confederation.
- All of these helped to create the Constitution.