Please "PAWS" with us for a Cooper School Update
September 6, 2021
Happy Labor Day!
Wishing all American Workers a wonderful Labor Day!
To all observing Rosh Hashanah...Shanah tovah um'tukah. May you have a good and sweet new year.
Welcome Back to School!
We look forward to welcoming all students this Thursday, September 9, 2021!
- The First Day of School is almost here! Visit the PTA website for the PTA Calendar, our Fall Mum Sale, Spiritwear & Sock Sale, Yearbook Pre-Orders, and On the Border Night!
- We are looking for room parents and volunteers! Fill out our Volunteer Form
- If you ordered school supplies from the PTA, they will be on your child’s desk on the first day of school.
- All Cooper families are invited on 9/10 from 6:30-8pm to enjoy water ice outside the school!
- A new year = A new yearbook! Submit your favorite back to school photos next week to email@example.com. We’re waiting to fill pages up with fantastic photos!
- Our membership drive is in full swing! Your registration, along with PTA fundraisers, helps us to provide assemblies and special programs for our students. Please click here to register and become a PTA member today!
We have a new traffic pattern in our side parking lot at Cooper. This will enable us to prevent traffic overflow on Greentree Road during morning arrival, and will make the Car Line Drop-Off safer for our students.
Please note the following changes:
- The ENTRANCE and EXIT of the side parking lot have been switched.
- ALL vehicles will enter using the driveway closest to Strathmore Drive.
- The morning car line will proceed to the rear of the lot and circle toward the building.
- Students will ONLY be permitted to exit at the designated DROP-OFF ZONE, and MUST exit from the driver's side of the vehicle.
- ALL vehicles will exit using the driveway closest to the school building.
***Please see the illustrations below in preparation for your arrival at Cooper.***
Morning Arrival Car Line at Cooper
Car Rider Dismissal at Cooper
Buses Only in Front Parking Lot during Arrival and Dismissal
Back to School Reminders:
We are so thrilled to welcome all students back to school tomorrow. This will also be an early dismissal day for elementary students (1:00pm dismissal.) Students registered for the SACC program may arrive beginning at 7:00am. All other students may enter the building beginning at 8:45am.
- Be prepared for the New Traffic Pattern at Morning Car Line
- Make sure your child is dressed in comfortable layers. (Classrooms are air-conditioned)
- Take lots of photos before you head to school. (We will not be able to gather outside this year.)
- Make sure your child knows if you want him/her to have the free breakfast and/or lunch. (Breakfast & Lunch Menu)
What to bring...
- dry, nut-free snack (easy to eat with no spoon)
- reusable water bottle
- packed lunch (if not eating the free school lunch)
- clean beach towel or large bath towel
- school supplies (lists are on our website)
- District Issued Chromebook AND Charger (if one was borrowed last year)
Check out the latest CHPS Postcard for district updates, which includes updates to Student Quarantine Guidelines and our District Return to Learn Plan. Click Here to access information regarding the district WE Return to Learn plan.
September ~ Hispanic Heritage Month (9/15-10/15)
9/9: WELCOME BACK! 1st Day for Students (1:00pm Dismissal)
9/10: Full Day for Students & Patriot Day Observed
9/10: PTA Water-Ice Night (6:30-8:00pm)
9/13: Commodore John Barry Day
9/13: PTA Mum Sale Begins
9/16: School Closed - Yom Kippur
9/17: Constitution Day
9/17: PTA Room Parent Orientation Meeting
9/23: Back to School Night- (In person with a Virtual Option)
During our Cooper summer session: Jumping Into Next Year. Students had an opportunity to meet teachers and students, and engage in some fun team building activities, while Mrs. Tomasetti offered some helpful tips for parents to support the transition back to school. The links below highlight some topics discussed, such as responding to big feelings and practicing deep breathing. Please don't hesitate to reach out to Mrs. Tomasetti if you feel your child may need additional support transitioning back to school in September.