Mrs. Rehan's News
May 13, 2016
Classroom News from Mrs. Weatherly
- Mrs. Rehan will return on Monday. It has been my joy to work with your children these last seven weeks. They are amazing and wonderful.
- All library books were due on Monday. If your child has books that have not been turned in there is a reminder in your child's folder. Books that are lost must be paid for. Your money is refunded when you find and return the books.
- A few students have not yet returned enrollment forms for next year. There are reminders in the folders of students who still need to return the forms.
- Check the folder also for information about the Bell Prairie Summer Reading Program.
- Our Book Swap was a great success and those who donated books brought so many that every student got to take home one new book. Great job!
- On Tuesday this week we learned about Monarch Butterflies and we planted Milk Weed seeds to support the Monarch population.
- Please be sure to remove all the papers from your kindergartner's folder every night. Some folders are filling up with work your child has completed at school. Take these papers out and let your child explain the work at home.
Dates To Remember
- Monday May 16 - Mrs. Rehan Returns!!!
- Monday, May 16 - Awards Assembly
- Tuesday May 17 - Field Day
- Wednesday, May 18 - Grades Cards are sent home.
- Friday May 20 - Last day of school - 1/2 day.
Ask your child to tell you about a favorite poem they read or heard this week.
This week the students have had "Free Choice" in their writing. Some have continued to write poetry, some are working a writing a play, and some students are working on fiction or personal narratives. They love to write.
In math this week we did a lot of review , playing math games and working on addition and subtraction.
We have learned all the sight words required for kindergarteners. We will be reviewing and using the sight words in our writing for the rest of the year.