A Monthly Newsletter from the CoSA Director
Happy Teacher Appreciation Week
We celebrate educators during the first week in May every year so they can know just how much we APPRECIATE what they do for us and our students every day! In honor of Teacher Appreciation Week, I would like to share the following (slightly modified) poem:
THAT IS WHY I TEACH THE ARTS
NOT BECAUSE I EXPECT YOU TO MAJOR IN
NOT BECAUSE I EXPECT YOU TO DO YOUR ART
ALL YOUR LIFE
NOT SO YOU CAN RELAX AND HAVE FUN
BUT SO YOU WILL BE HUMAN,
SO YOU WILL RECOGNIZE BEAUTY,
SO YOU WILL BE SENSITIVE,
SO YOU WILL BE CLOSER TO AN INFINITE
SO YOU WILL HAVE SOMETHING TO CLING
SO YOU WILL HAVE MORE LOVE,
MORE COMPASSION, MORE GENTLENESS,
IN SHORT, MORE LIFE.
OF WHAT VALUE WILL IT BE TO MAKE A
PROSPEROUS LIVING UNLESS YOU
KNOW HOW TO LIVE?
Tiffany Bouchard, CoSA Director
Liz Josset, CoSA Office Assistant
Beth Connelly, CoSA Foundation Executive Administrator
The CoSA Foundation is Seeking Board Members for the 2020-21 Year
Calling All CoSA Seniors
- Portrait (vertical) orientation
- 1-minute maximum (or less)
- Introduce yourself with your first and last name
- Choose 1 prompt to answer:
-What is 1 thing you learned (takeaway) from CoSA that will stick with you?
-What is your favorite memory of CoSA?
-What are your future plans and/or goals?
- Please rename your video file with your first and last name, and your conservatory (ex., Joe Schmoe - Digital Arts)
Please email Tiffany.Bouchard@coronadousd.net if you have any questions.
The 2020-21 CoSA Student Ambassadors Applications Will Be Available at the Beginning of the School Year
REP Co. Live Streaming Show
Saturday, May 23rd, 6pm
RSVPs are enabled for this event.
Theatre Production Design and Management Conservatory Distance Learning Student Work Sample
Visual Arts Conservatory Update
"Artists are often the barometers of society." - Nancy Pearcey
We miss and love you!❤
CoSA Digital Arts Filmmaking Teacher, BK Manning, Featured on a Podcast
Save the Date
CoSA Student Headshots
Purchase a digital copy of your student’s professional headshot. Great for college applications, auditions, and a wide variety of uses! Professional headshots can cost up to thousands of dollars – your student’s headshot is available thanks to the generosity of CoSA Parent and Professional Photographer, Jenece Hamby, for a $50 donation to the CoSA Foundation.
CoSA Foundation Parent Fund Update
Dear CoSA Families,
Congratulations on being part of the Nationally Recognized, Award-Winning Coronado School of the Arts.
CoSA relies on contributions from EVERY family to ensure that every CoSA student receives the very best, pre-professional level education in the Arts.
Did you know that although CoSA is a school-within-a-school on the campus of Coronado High School, Coronado Unified School District ONLY supports 1 hour out of the 3 hours daily of arts education? The annual $2,000 per student request is a tax-deductible contribution that breaks down to roughly $1.49 per hour for the school year. The value and return on your contribution is more than tenfold!!
- CoSA relies on parent donations and the community to support 2 hours daily of instruction for our children. WITHOUT THESE CONTRIBUTIONS COSA CANNOT SURVIVE!
- YOUR donation funds teachers' salaries, office support, and materials & supplies.
HOW to Contribute:
- DIRECT: Visit the CoSA Foundation website: cosafoundation.org. YOU can make a one-time donation of $2,000, or set up convenient monthly contributions via credit card or check. Click on the Purple button.
- WORKPLACE: You can reach out to your company and ask if they will sponsor your child, or if they will match your donation.
- NETWORK: You can send an email blast to family and friends, providing them the link (cosafoundation.org) and your child’s name and conservatory.
- FUNDRAISE: You can fundraise on behalf of your child and their conservatory.
WHERE your funds go:
We are all in this together and believe every child should have access to San Diego County’s Elite Choice for Arts Education. Call Beth Connelly, our CoSA Foundation Executive Administrator, at 619-522-6202 to discuss creative ways to contribute.
Thank You for Your Support!
Executive Administrator, CoSA Foundation