Bobcats Paw "Prints"
Week of February 15, 2016
Happy Black History Month!
- We are trying to do better with our social media accounts and school webpage. If you don't follow us on twitter (@rbrownbobcats) or Facebook (R. Brown McAllister Elementary School and R Brown McAllister - STEM Lab) please do. Encourage your parents to follow us as well!
- If you would be willing to help write any grants for our school please let me know by the end of this week. I am hoping to get a grant writing team together. There are A LOT of grants out there for STEM!
- Please begin to think about ways that we can save energy around our building. You would be surprised at how much of a difference turning the lights off when you leave your room can make.
- I am still working with PTO to finalize a date for the volleyball game. I will let you know as soon as a date is confirmed.
- Jenny Byrd is off campus 2/15 in the morning (Monday) and 2/19 in the afternoon (Friday) in case there are any students who need to see her.
- PBIS and other SIT subcommittees will meet on Tuesday after school. Please make sure that your committee completes your mid-year action steps.
- We are required to complete a bus evacuation drill each semester. Our second semester drill will be on Monday 2/22 at 9:15. You will receive an email later in the week with specific directions.
- He's Alive Church would like to partner with our school. In doing so they would like to show their appreciation for all that you do by providing lunch for you on Thursday, 2/25. They will set up pizza, salad and drinks in the teacher workroom. Take time to enjoy their generous gift with your colleagues by having a duty free lunch. The cafeteria will be covered by support staff, admin and parent volunteers. Just make sure that you pick your kids up on time :)
- Tuesday 3/15 is now a workday. This has replaced the workday on 5/3. 5/3 will now be a day with students.
Steps to complete your mid-year PDP
Mid-year reviews need to be completed by this Friday. Please follow the steps below. Feel free to see Beth or me if you have any questions.
-Log into Powerschool.
-On the main navigation screen, click square with an arrow through it in the top right corner.
-When the next window appears, click on the North Carolina Education Effectiveness System (NCEES) link.
-From the top tool bar on the new screen, click on “My Evaluation” and scroll down to Professional Development Plan 2015-2016.
-Once you click on this link, you will scroll to PDP Mid Year Review.
-Click on PDP Details of the Mid Year Review. This is where you type in the information for your PDP.
-Click the New button at the top. Then, type in your evidence into the text boxes.
-When finished, click the save and exit button at the bottom of the screen. The button at the top will now show as green checkmark.
-At the top “send an email” box, change to mark complete.
-Your PDP mid-year review will show as a green check mark.
-Go the section “PDP teacher signature Mid-year Review” and add a comment if you’d like by clicking “new.” Otherwise, click the acknowledge button.
-The main screen will show as a yellow check mark. All the way to the right is check mark. Click that and it will now show green.
-HOORAY!! You are finished.
"Just a quick note to let you know CCS will consider an additional option for working during inclement weather events. The superintendent may elect to open 5 satellite locations depending on the conditions. These locations would be open and may provide a safer alternative for employees who cannot travel to their home school. The satellite schools are:
- Cox Mill High School:
- Northwest Cabarrus High
- Concord High School
- Central Cabarrus High
- JM Robinson High
For planning purposes, this information is being provided since we are closely monitoring an incoming storm. Details will be provided on CCS website as quickly as a decision is made. Please remember, only travel when you feel safe."
Mark your calendar
- 2/15- Make up snow day **This is day 1 in our encore rotation**
- 2/16- SIT subcommittees at 3:15
- 2/19- Mid-year PDP review due
- 2/22- Bus evacuation drill at 9:15
- 2/23-SIT Meeting at 3:15
- 2/25- Battle of the Books county competition; Duty free lunch provided by He's Alive church
- Thank you for your cooperation with the fire drill on Thursday. We exited the building in 2 minutes 20 seconds.
- Thank you to whoever manages our lost and found. I am surprised every time I walk by how organized and orderly it is!
- Thank you for completing module 2 of the safe schools training. I will let you know when the window for module 3 opens.