Horace Mann High School
Updates May 1st!!!
End of the year........................it's coming................soon!!
Reminders for our end of the year:
1. Any failures please Call home
2. It's great to also make positive phone calls
3. Summer cleaning-please let us know asap of any maintenance concerns or needs. We are using some of the downstairs rooms for summer school so upstairs will be cleaned first.
4. Grades-please make sure at the end of the year grades are posted and you have a copy in case we have questions over the summer and are able to contact you.
5. I will put out a shared document with summer contact numbers if all could please complete.
6. Please turn in fees/fines list to Becky/Linda in the office as well as any list of missing textbooks.
End of the Year Events April-May 2015 is the name.
Here is a copy;
Choral Cabaret - Fri & Sat May 1st & 2nd Auditorium 7 p.m.
May 4- ASPIRE Writing Katie Crabb Eng 9 classes, Amy Coe World Studies
May4-5 Tentative Camping Trip-Ramsey Weyenberg-Lifetime class
ASPIRE Science May 6 & 7th Jarchow/HIntze Physical Science, Orlebeke Biology
Senior Banquet - Wed., May 6th 6:00 p.m. Whispering Springs (Res. due 4-17)
BAMS Band Concert - Wed. May 6th Auditorium 6:30 p.m.
ASPIRE ENGLISH 9 May 11th Katie Crabb 2,3,4,7,8 pds
Senior Class Trip - Wed., May 13th WI Dells (Res. due 4-17)
BAMS Choir Concert - Wed. May 13th Auditorium 6:30 p.m.
ASPIRE READING Thurs. May 14th 12:05 - 1:00 late to 8th period
Jazz Band at Health Care Center - Friday, May 15th 1:00 - 2:30 p.m.
Jazz Band at FDL Yacht Club - Friday, May 15th 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
The Red Velvet Cake War Play - Fri. & Sat. May 15th & 16th Auditorium 7 p.m.
MS Awards Night - Mon., May 18th Auditorium 6 p.m.
HS Awards Night - Wed., May 20th Auditorium 6 p.m.
Memorial Day Parade - Mon., May 25th S. Main St. FDL 10 a.m.
Strizek Concert & Art Show - May 27th Auditorium 6:30 p.m.
Graduation Rehearsal - Fri., May 29th Gym 10 a.m.
Graduation - Sun., May 31st Gym 1:00 p.m. (Choir Robes available from Anthony)Music Parents Meeting - Mon., June 1st Band Room 5:30 p.m.
Another big thank you to all staff who have worked track, soccer, softball and baseball games and to our coaches!! Our events are well run and we thank all those involved to support athletics and our Orioles!!
End of the year SLO is due May 15th.
If you need any help or have questions please let myself or Melanie know.
1. Any changes in cell phones or electronics
2. First hour and other tardies-are staff assigning detentions, are things working or are there other suggestions?
3. Backpacks or the string bags-currently the middle school allows "string' bags. What are our thoughts?
4. Any others??
Thoughts for next year
1. Thoughts on Oriole Time and suggested changes
2. Schedule-anything to look at or talk about next year-will take next year about still adding a zero hour in future due to conflicts with advanced classes. Also conversation about 8:00 start time as a discussion for next year.
What else do you guys think? Is our schedule working? thanks for ideas/thoughts
3. How can we improve Oriole Way with us in order to impact students?