by courtney littlewood
1. Mouth cancer appear on the lips, gums, tongue, inside the lining of your cheeks, on the roof of your mouth and the bottom of your mouth and can also be found in the throat.
2. Mouth cancer is classified as “head and neck cancers”.
3. Men are twice more likely to get mouth cancer than women.
4. Mouth cancer is caused by smoking cigarettes, non-smoke tobacco, and excessive amounts of alcohol, sun exposure or being passed on by a family member.
5. People who use smokeless tobacco are 50% more likely to get mouth cancer.
6. Regular smokers are 6% more likely to get mouth cancer than non-smokers.
7. Anyone can get mouth cancer, even people with dentures or with little to no teeth.
Mouth cancer can appear in different forms and can affect all parts of the mouth, tongue and lips.
8. Around 45,000 people every year are diagnosed with mouth cancer.