Saranac High School Counseling News
Happy New Year! We are ready to dive into the New Year and soon a new semester. Monday, January 28th marks the first day of the second semester. Schedule changes will take place before the semester begins on Thursday, January 24th, Friday, January 25th and Monday, January 28th. No changes will take place after the 28th. Year long courses are not included in these changes. This is for semester courses only.
Mental Health Unit in Health Class
Mrs. Rosenbaum and Mrs. Sproule will be going into heath classes this week to discuss mental health in conjunction with Mrs. Brown's mental health unit. Mental Health is an issue that we take very seriously and it affects people of all ages groups, socio-economic levels, etc.
Note: The 24 Hour North Country Crisis Helpline is: 1-866-577-3836.
Upward Bound Recruitment
Sophomores CV-TEC Career Day
Alumni Panel Representatives
Photographed below left to right:
Lydia Miner (2016) Junior at SUNY Plattsburgh
Andrew LePage (2018) Freshman at University of New Hampshire
Taylor Alexander (2018) Freshman at SUNY Plattsburgh
Tyler Blair (2017) Sophomore at Utica College
Tyler Baisi (2017) Sophomore at Cornell University
David Dormann (2012) Local National Guard Recruiter and former Active Duty
- 1/22-1/25/19: Regents Exams ***please note that morning exams will begin at 8:30am and afternoon exams will begin at 12:15pm. http://www.p12.nysed.gov/assessment/schedules/2019/504-119.pdf
- 1/28/19 Start of second semester/third marking period
- 2/4-2/8/19: National School Counselor Week
- 2/7/19: CV-TEC Career Day - sophomore field trip
- 2/9/19: ACT (register by January 11th www.act.org)
- 3/9/19: SAT (register by February 8th www.collegeboard.org)