Distance Learning Begins August 10
School Starts August 10 in Distance Learning
The JUHSD Board of Education determined that school should be conducted in 100% Distance Learning for the Fall semester to protect students, staff, and their families from the COVID-19 virus. They approved an updated Return-to-School Plan built by the Return-to-School committee. This committee includes more than fifty teachers, principals, students, parents, and district administrators.
Please email email@example.com for general enrollment questions and support.
What to Expect
Students will not be directly reporting to their scheduled classes on August 10-14. Instead, activities will be assigned to students via Google Classroom. Participation is mandatory. Attendance will be recorded and reported. To access Google Classroom, students will need to sign in using their district issued Google login information (jeffersonunion.net).
1. Parents will receive an email with the student’s Google login information starting August 4.
2. The email will include instructions on how to access Google Classroom.
3. Students will be expected to log in everyday and complete the assigned activities.
Detailed information on how and when to access student schedules will be sent by your student’s assigned school. Students will report to their scheduled classes on August 17.
1. Log in to Parent Vue
ParentVUE is a web portal allowing parents to access near real-time information on assignments, scores, attendance, and demographic information. Most parents have already registered for this online ParentVUE for 2020-21. If you haven't yet, please visit ParentVue to verify or update your information at https://bit.ly/juhsdparentvue. If you have any issues logging in or questions about registering on ParentVUE, please contact your school directly.
3. Watch for Communications from School Principals
Look for an email from Principals regarding first week of school that will include:
· Chromebook/HotSpot Survey - we must have a 100% response rate to ensure that all students have access to the technology needs of Distance Learning
· Orientation Information
· Class Schedule
· First Week of School
4. Incoming 9th Grade Students: Turn in Paperwork
For incoming 9th grade students, submit via email or in-person depending on your school’s protocols:
· Proof of negative TB results or a TB Risk Assessment signed by a physician
Please send this information directly to your child’s school so that they can ensure that everything is properly documented. Here is the direct contact information:
Jefferson: Reyna Meafua firstname.lastname@example.org
Oceana: Penny Wagner email@example.com
Terra Nova: Submit using this link
Westmoor: Donna Benham firstname.lastname@example.org