January 28, 2022
Important Hiker/Biker Reminders
Because numerous safety concerns have been reported, we are reminding all parents of the expectation that only students who are walking, riding a bike, or meeting their parents at a golf cart may go home as hiker/bikers. Students who live on the other side of Tuckerton from Rennell cannot safely walk or ride their bike home. If you need to change your child's afternoon transportation to meet this expectation, you may call or email Rennell at Rennell@cfisd.net or 281-213-1550.
Thank you for your help in ensuring the safe exit of all of our Redhawks.
Morning Drop Off
Since our return from the holiday break, we have noticed many of our students in car rider not arriving to campus until after the bell has already rung and announcements are already over. We have been giving grace on tardies these first few weeks back, but students arriving after 8:40 are missing precious instruction. Beginning next week, students arriving after the 8:40 bell has rung will be counted tardy.
Thank you for ensuring your child gets to school prior to 8:40 so they have time to walk to class, get seated, and be ready to learn.
Last chance to get your yearbook, the link closes at the end of January!
Our wonderful PTO is already hard at work putting together a yearbook to collect pictures and memories from this school year. Yearbooks will come out toward the end of the school year, but you have to pre-order. You can order your child a copy of the yearbook at this link.
- Friday, February 4 - 4th Grade Field Trip to Minute Maid Park
- Friday, February 4 - Daddy/Daughter Dance
- Thursday, February 10 - 100th Day of School! Dress like you are 100 years old!
- Thursday, February 10 - Spirit Shop During All School Lunches
- Friday, February 11 - Mom/Son Dance - Tickets go on sale Monday, January 31st
Birthday Announcements on the Marquee!
Students are nominated for this Principal’s recognition award for going above and beyond our school expectations - those who exhibit leadership, kindness, and extraordinary character!
We are so proud to announce this week's Akers' All-Stars:
2020-21 Federal Report Card
· Select a campus level (ex: Elementary, Middle, High)
· Find your campus
· Click 2020-21
· Click Federal School Report Card
Information on these report cards includes:
· Part I: General Description of the Texas State Accountability System
· Part II: Student Achievement by Proficiency Level
· Part III: Academic Growth and Graduation Rate
· Part IV: English Language Proficiency
· Part V: School Quality or Student Success
· Part VI: Goal Meeting Status
· Part VII: STAAR Participation
· Part VIII: Civil Rights Data
· Part IX: Teacher Quality Data
· Part X: Per-pupil Expenditure
· Part XI: STAAR Alternate 2 Participation
· Part XII: Statewide National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP)
· Part XIII: Cohort Rate of Graduates Enrolled in Postsecondary Education
· Part XIV: Additional Information—Chronic Absenteeism
If you are unable to access the information from the website, hard copies of the reports are available at the district or campus office. If you have questions about the information, please contact 281-213-1550.
Updated: Rennell 2021-2022 Awards
Students will be eligible to earn the following academic awards this year:
- Honor Roll- All A's
- Honor Roll- A/B with more A's than B's
*We will no longer have the Presidential Award and Perfect Attendance Award.