Prevention and preparedness
Fires and Burns
Fire safety tips
- Always have working fire alarms.
- Stop, Drop, and Roll when on fire
- Keep flammable materials away from heat.
- Always make sure the stove is off.
- Keep poisonous material away from children at all times
- If swallowed call poison control
- If really bad go to the hospital
- the poison control number is 1800-222-1222
- Use gunlock when not in use.
- Dont keep loaded gun in house
- keep out of reach of children
- put in gun box
how to be prepared for natural disasters
- Prepare for possible isolation
- winterize your home
- Keep fire extinguishers on hand
- Learn how to shut off water valves
- Do not drive in flooded areas
- do not walk through moving water
- be aware of streams
- Know that they are very dangerous
Earthquake safety and preparedness
- Keep a flashlight and sturdy shoes on hand
- try to stay on sturdy ground
- keep emergency supplies