April 7, 2022
Dear Bethany Families,
Thank you to those who were able to attend the Bond Presentation this week. If you missed it, HERE is the link to the Bethany-specific projects that the bond would support. I can't tell you how to vote, but I can tell you how important it is for you to vote on this ballot measure in May.
A note of appreciation to everyone for timing your child's arrival closer to 8 am when possible. It has already made a significant difference in a calmer start to the school day. Starting the morning with a conflict-free entry has positive impacts to learning and our classroom communities. Thank you everyone!
Lastly, you will be receiving sign-up information for Spring Conferences from your child's teachers by the end of day tomorrow (Friday). Conferences are on the evening of April 27th and all day April 28th. Please note that there is NO SCHOOL on April 28th and 29th. Conferences will be virtual (on zoom) districtwide. We hope this will provide flexibility for families as we strive for 100% participation.
Enjoy this BEAUTIFUL day!
Calendar - Important Dates
- 8th - Bobcat Blast Kick-Off Assembly
- 11th - Spirit Wear Store Launch (See information below)
- 12th - PTO Meeting, 7:00pm zoom
- 12th - Noodles & Company Fundraiser
- 14th - No School (Staff Work Day)
- 15th - No School (Grading Day)
- 19th - Early Release
- 22-23 - Virtual Variety Show
- 27-28 - Parent Teacher Conferences (Watch for an email from your teacher this week)
- 29th - No School (Staff Work Day)
- 4 - Bike to School Day
- 6 - Bobcat BLAST Jog-A-Thon
Bobcat Jog-A-Thon Kick-Off
Parents! The Jog-A-Thon student kickoff assembly will be held this Friday, April 8th. It is going to be a great way to get the kids excited for this year’s return of the Jog-A-Thon!
Students will bring home with them pledge packets that include an informational flier and manual pledge sheet that provide:
- Key event dates
- Easy online fundraising information
- Fundraising example scripts
- Runtimes for each grade
- What students should bring on the day of the Jog-A-Thon
- Details on fun prizes and group awards!
- Pledge sheet for students collecting and tracking donations manually
You will also be able to find this information at the end of the week online at the Bethany School PTO Jog-A-Thon webpage www.bspto.org/jogathon along with videos, helpful links, guides to setup your student’s fundraising page, volunteering opportunities, and more!!
The Jog-A-Thon Needs You!
Please join us at the school on May 6th to help put on an amazing event for our students! Volunteers will help pin on student tally sheets, keep track of student laps, and hand out refreshments. We’d love to have your help between 8 am - 2:30pm for an hour or longer.
Please see Jog-A-Thon Volunteering for more information.
Volunteers MUST be registered and download proof of vaccination in the system, so if you’re even considering helping, please sign up today at Volunteer Background - this will not obligate you to participate. It can take up to two weeks, so please complete the background check soon.
Thank you for supporting your students and Bethany Elementary! We are hoping to raise $35,000 at this event to provide much-needed resources and supplies for our students and teachers. We can’t do it without your help!
The Yearbook Team is busy working on the yearbook for this year. Please see the flyer below, for information on purchasing a book. Each student will be bringing this form home on Monday.
The team is also looking for help with the following things:
- Photos: They are looking for school activity photos and 5th grade Baby Pictures. Please send the photos to email@example.com
- Yearbook Cover Contest: Please see the requirements below.
- Student art and school memories. Click on the link for a flyer that can be printed, filled out and returned to the school office. Art Doodles (Each student will be bringing home this flyer from school)
- Yearbook Order Form: Click on this link to print out the Order Form. Cash and checks only
Pictures and Yearbook forms are due May 6th
********** PTO Updates **********
Next PTO Meeting
Noodles & Company Dinner Night Out
Please join us on April 12, 4:00 - 8:00
25% of all qualifying online and in-restaurant sales will go directly to the BSPTO.
Order on the app or online and apply the coupon code, “GIVING25” in the Coupon Code line at checkout. When ordering in-restaurant mention the BSPTO or present the flyer below upon placing your order prior to paying.
Noodles & Company Fundraising Night Location:
7216 NE Cornell Rd,
Our Spiritwear Shop is open!
The big launch will be from April 11th to May 1st, where everyone will get 25% off any purchases and free shipping on orders over $50.
They ship to your home address and shipping takes about 2 weeks. All purchases will give 10% back to the PTO. There are a lot of designs and clothing options so check them out!
Website Link: 1stplace.sale/77425
Upcoming PTO Events
- April 7 and 19, Budget Committee Meetings, 6-8 pm via Zoom
- April 8th: Jog-A-Thon Kick Off
- April 11th: Bethany Playground Improvement Committee meeting @ 7 pm via zoom
- April 12th: Monthly PTO Meeting @ 7 pm via zoom
- April 12th: Noodles & Co. Dinner Night Out Fundraiser, 4-8 pm
- April 22 & 23: Variety Show
- April 25th: Bethany Playground Improvement Committee meeting @ 7 pm via zoom
Budget Committee Meeting Zoom Link
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 341 749 4608
********** District News **********
OHSU Test Kits
Just a Reminder: Our OHSU pick-up is around 9:00 on Mondays. If students turn them in after 9:30, we have to throw them away. Next week we will send the test kit home on Wednesday, due to no school on Thursday and Friday.
Attention 5th grade parents
AVID is an elective class designed to prepare students for admission to a four-year university after graduation from high school. AVID is for students who want to go to college and are willing to work hard to get there.
During AVID, students learn how to keep their schoolwork organized and how to take good notes. Students have tutorial groups twice a week with tutors who help with difficult subjects. AVID students also visit college campuses and local businesses to learn more about the choices available after high school. Feel free to watch this video (https://youtu.be/8M19gNyZ5bs) to learn more about AVID. Interested students will need to complete an application (bit.ly/BSDAVIDApp) and ask their teacher to submit a recommendation
Spring's Steps to Bicycle Safety
With more people itching to get outside to walk and bike, it’s a good time to review the rules to ensure everyone’s safety. Be sure to review the best routes to use and if biking, check the bike’s condition before you head out. This short video, “ABC Quick Check” can help!
Here are a few steps to remember:
● Always wear your helmet
● Ride in the same direction as traffic, not against traffic.
● Be visible. Wear a bright jacket or add
reflective material or blinking lights to increase visibility.
● Stay alert and ride predictably, in a straight line.
● If riding on the sidewalk or in a crosswalk, ride at walking speed and be prepared to walk your bike when it gets busy or at the request of crossing guards. Be always mindful of pedestrians and aware of traffic.
● Don’t assume that drivers see you – always watch for cars making turns or backing out of driveways. Learn bicycle safety skills in a class or ask Safe Routes to School to give a lesson at your school!
Kindergarten and 2022/23 School Year Registration
You are now able to register students for the 2022-23 school year.
If your student is currently attending Bethany, you do not need to enroll them, they will automatically roll up to the next grade.
For more Information, about Kindergarten please click HERE
To Register online, please click HERE
* * * * * * Reminders & Repeats * * * * * *
Cans / Bottles For Kids
We are collecting cans / bottles to help fund the Playground Improvements. You can pick up Blue bags from the office.