Boone Meadow Friday Flyer
December 4th, 2020
Dear Boone Meadow Families -
It's been a wonderful week for staff and students following Thanksgiving Break. We continue to be grateful for each moment we are able to have with our students. Only two more weeks until Winter Break.
A few items to note in this edition of our Friday Flyer:
- NWEA testing begins next week for most students. This mid-year adaptive assessment provides us with formative data that informs many instructional decisions for our learners. Teachers will communicate testing information for families.
- Health Dept Guidance - We received new information this week regarding CoVID testing, isolation, and quarantine guidance. The ZCS website contains most recent information here. (More information below)
- PTO updates: There are a few updates located below regarding the poinsettia sale, fundraising opportunities and Dine for Dollars.
- Thank you to Rick Rodriguez (our lead custodian) for the early morning view of The Meadow from the crosswalk in front to the school. Nice photo!
I hope everyone has a peaceful and relaxing weekend,
The Real Housedogs of Boone Meadow - Episode: 3
We are in week 3 of featuring our Boone Meadow canine family. If your pup isn't in this episode, keep a watchful eye for future features.
CoVID Guidance and Updates
Please click HERE (or the "mask up" image) for information regarding:
- Quarantine guidance
- Screening information
- Close contact information
- Secondary Hybrid schedules
- Parent Resources
- and other important information.
Parents of BME Remote Learners:
Mrs. Trinosky (Art Teacher) is beginning to work on the yearbook and is in need of photos of our remote learners engaged in learning. Please snap some candid photos of your remote learner as they are working. She would love lots of photos! Families can email her the photos so that I can add some to our yearbook this year.
Student Directory -
Many families of remote learners have asked about having a directory to be able to contact other remote families. We have a ZCS parent volunteered to create this for you should you desire to participate. Chas Biediger (from PVE) has created a link for each remote classroom where you can add your contact information. Once this is received she will share the directory with any parents who have signed up. Please note this is completely voluntary and this will only be shared by Chas with other families who wish to have their information published. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your teacher or Christine Squier at email@example.com.
- Callie Surface https://forms.gle/CszaEtVzyTu2aEpB6
- Jill McCune https://forms.gle/YhgsgyxoU7vH48HT7
- MacKenzine Orbaugh https://forms.gle/7rpMptXNTc8jo9JJ7
- Jamie Smith https://forms.gle/c3oGaoKcuuecQzrx7
- Rebekah Graham https://forms.gle/uMLQXNfAUjdAKfuD6
- Kelly Mattingly https://forms.gle/eUHYNxJFUp8xEJ4S7
- Melinda Strawmyer https://forms.gle/Sm4kERb9VizjRMZg9
- Michelle Weesies https://forms.gle/9W81D5GenUrhd6pa8
- Lynne Munley https://forms.gle/A2gy4VUYuoF1GZPb9
- Erin Nahrstadt https://forms.gle/aHX5UwMUR5mhE4Eb6
- Kellie Valentine https://forms.gle/sYdq1qBAYpLbNRgm8
- Stephanie Compton https://forms.gle/L6BhPE3c38GiCgi37
- Lindsay McGuire https://forms.gle/t8Guovfzf8AUQMWr6
Adopt Team Meadow:
Hello BME Families! It is hard to believe that the holiday season of 2020 is already upon us. What a great time to share some holiday cheer with our teachers and staff at BME! This year, the BME PTO has created "Operation: Adopt Team Meadow!" for Holiday gifting from our BME families. For those of you who sign up, we ask that you please reach out to fellow class families and neighbors and collect funds so that each BME Staff member and teacher is included! You are essentially a point person and coordinator for an awesome holiday surprise for the staff member you have selected. We hope that this will allow for a lot of contributions to bless the teachers and staff in a BIG way! A few slots remain...
- Orders are now closed for the poinsettia sale, and it was a great success!
- Poinsettias will be delivered next Friday, December 11th.
- They will be available for pick up outside of door 1 (main entrance) from 3P-6P on Friday, December 11th.
Dine for Dollars - Evening of December 16th @ Noble Roman's. More information to come.
Five Below - Shopping fundraiser Dec 6th - 12th. BME PTO gets 10% of purchases. Need to take flyer that is coming home soon.
Arrival and Dismissal Notes:
Below, you will find some updates regarding arrival and dismissal:
- Thank you for keeping our fire lane clear until signaled by staff to pull up. The fire lane must remain clear as much as possible for potential emergency needs and school deliveries.
- Displaying car/family numbers in an easy to see manner is greatly beneficial. Ball point pen writing on a post it placed on your dash is hard for my old eyes to see, so bold numbers hanging from the rear view mirror or attached to the passenger sun visor assists in moving vehicles efficiently through the line.
- Please reduce idling when possible. The build up of vehicle emissions is not only harmful for the environment, but also creates unhealthy air quality for staff and students.
Walker/Bikers: This year, we have 30-40 more daily walkers/bikers than years past. Therefore, we will continue to assist with crossing Main Street by having staff present whenever possible. Please note the following items:
Significant weather (walkers/bikers) - When weather is inclement with heavy rain, heavy snow, sleet, etc...walking to school is highly discouraged. The office team will make the decision if staff will be present at the crosswalk.
- If families decide to walk to school and no crosswalk staff is present, an adult or family member must safely escort students to the front doors. The doors will open at 7:50 for arrival, and families should wait at the front doors with their students until the doors open.
Dismissal on inclement weather days: Walkers and bikers will be dismissed after car riders (approximately 2:35). This allows families to use the car line for pick up. Simply display your family number while you are in line and pick up your child(ren) at the front door with staff assistance.
In the event of questionable or severe weather, families must utilize the car rider procedures instead of walking/biking. (stormy weather, lightning, sleet, you need to get Toto before going to the Land of Oz...)
Please do not bypass the car rider line and request to pick up students from the parking lot, other school sidewalks, etc... Again, we must adhere to all procedures for the safety of students and staff.
Upcoming Events & Important Info
December 6-12 - Five Below Fundraising Shopping (look for the blue flyer to come home soon)
December 10 - Hannakah begins
December 11 - Poinsettia delivery & pick up (3-6)
December 16 - Noble Romans Dine for Dollars (5-9)
December 18 - End of Qtr 2
December 21 - January 1 - Winter Break
January 18 - MLK Jr. Day (no school)
January 19 - No School
February 12 - Chinese New Year
February 14 - Valentine's Day
February 15 - Presidents Day - No School
February 17 - Ash Wednesday
March 12 - End of Quarter 3
March 14 - Daylight Savings Time
March 17 - St. Patrick's Day
March 28 - Palm Sunday/Passover
April 2 - April 9 - Spring Break
April 2 - Good Friday
April 4 - Easter
April 13 - Ramadan Starts
April 15 - ZWest Music visit to BME
May 5 - Cinco de Mayo
May 13 - Eid
May 26 - Last day of school
May 27 - Teacher work day
May 31 - Memorial Day
ZCS and the Zionsville Diversity Coalition partnered to create a list of mentor texts that support our elementary adopted literacy curriculum. Books donated will be placed in our elementary classrooms for teachers to use and to offer our students mirrors (seeing themselves), windows (seeing others), and doors (opportunities to learn about differences) because in ZCS, EVERYONE BELONGS!
You can utilize School Pay to pay for textbook rentals and to fund lunch accounts. Information about School Pay as well as additional lunch details, such as the monthly menu, can be found on the Food Services website.