Reynolds Family Weekly Newsletter
January 9, 2022
Happy New Year to each of you!
I hope that you all had a wonderful holiday season. School will resume tomorrow morning, Monday, January 10th.
We are excited to welcome our students to the start of our 2nd semester and seeing all of our scholars back on campus.
As a reminder students are still required to wear masks upon entering school. Please make sure your student has a mask everyday.
Thank you and have a wonderful week!
Mrs. Liliana Gordon-Gonzalez, Principal
Mrs. Berlinda Akao, Assistant Principal
December Students of the Month
Hi Reynolds Families,
Happy New Year,
I hope everyone enjoyed their winter break and is off to a great new year. We are excited to start a new semester. This month’s theme is relationship skills. We will be discussing ways we can be a supportive friend and resolve conflict with others in a productive manner.
I am looking forward to seeing everyone on Monday. Have a great weekend and be safe.
Oscar Torrico, M.A, P.P.S
Reynolds Elementary School
Letter From the District
Dear OUSD parents, guardians and caregivers:
It’s important to know that there is new guidance on COVID-19 isolation for those who test positive or are symptomatic, along with new quarantine guidelines for people who are considered close contact.
We have linked this guidance on our website under COVID-19 Guidelines. Please take some time to review this information that includes an updated decision tree, FAQs, and this digital decision tree to get a direct answer on what to do if you have been exposed or are experiencing symptoms.
OUSD will continue to provide free testing when school resumes next week. You will find that schedule on our website under Where Can I Get Tested. Please remember to register ahead of time.
As a reminder:
School will resume in person at OUSD on January 10, 2022 and proof of a COVID-19 vaccine or a negative COVID-19 test result are not required for students/staff to return.
We are committed to continuing in-person instruction and have taken measures to ensure that we are doing that safely. Here’s what you need to know before you return:
Masks are required for students and staff in the classroom and all indoor settings.
Masks are also encouraged while outside and in large groups. The CDC recommends face coverings with two or more layers.
Classrooms have enhanced air purification systems.
Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms may not come to school.
Vaccines and boosters are the best way to return to the classroom faster if exposed.
LOST and FOUND items
We have a lost and found that will be placed out Wednesdays at the back gate and Fridays at the front gate.
- Please monitor your student for COVID-19 symptoms daily prior to bringing/sending them to school.
- Please see the guidelines on what to do if your child is sick.
Please refer to our district webpage
- Information on symptoms of Covid
- Testing sites and times
TK and Kinder Dismissal
THANK YOU Parents for working with our staff to make dismissal safer for everyone.
For the safety of students, staff and parents
- Please DO NOT DOUBLE PARK AND GET OUT OF YOUR VEHICLE .
- Please be patient while teacher(s) walk your student(s) to your vehicle when you pull up.
First-Fifth Grade Dismissal
We are looking for volunteers to help with dismissal. Volunteers would support our staff with helping students in/out of cars and with traffic flow.
If you are interested please let the office know.
Frequently Asked Questions about devices
This document will be continuously updated with new questions/information.
Car Arrival and Dismissal
Arrival Reminders ALL Grades:
- Please drive up all the way up to drop off your student
- Please stay in your car as you drop off your student
- All parents stay in car lane to drop off your student and DO NOT cut off other cars in line or double park to get out and walk your child
Dismissal Reminders :
- Please drive up all the way up as staff will escort your student toward your car
- Please do not double park and ask your student to cross in between cars
- Please keep the line moving; your child will walk to your car
Back gate is open during arrival and dismissal.
Thank you for your continued patience during arrival and dismissal for the safety of our students.
- As per OUSD Wellness Policy, please refrain from sending non-nutritional value foods such as; candy, hot spicy chips, etc. from home.
- Our gates will open at 7:45 am and the bell rings at 8:15 am
- Only students will be allowed to enter the school gates.
- All students and staff must wear a mask while indoors and upon entering the school.
- All students are eligible to receive free breakfast and lunch.
- Please send a reusable water bottle with your child.
- Wednesdays are minimum days. Students in TK/K- 5th grades are dismissed at 12:25 pm.
Visitors on Campus
Visitors on Campus Protocols in place until updated CDPH Guidance Expected: November 1, 2021
We are striving to protect our children and community from illness and provide full time in person instruction. In order to do this we are following the CDPH guidelines.