KP Friday Focus: Weekend Edition
January 23, 2015
First ever KP Community Service Club Event!
Message from the KP Community Service Club:
Fern Street Community Kitchen
The faculty/staff will have the opportunity to serve dinner at the Fern Street Community Kitchen on Friday, February 20th. Please see the flyer and the spreadsheet below for more information regarding what we can do that evening! We NEED 15 volunteers present to make this a success. If you cannot attend, consider donating for the "door prizes" mentioned in the flyer. Please consider helping out in any way that evening. Thanks.
Sign up for our Next Building CSI
A message from Staff Wellness
In Case You are Wondering: Where in the world is KP Admin?
- All Day - Justin @ Bristow for Collegial Calibration
- 1/2 Day PM - Marc out
- All Day - Joy @ Conard for Collegial Calibration
- 8:30AM-3:30PM - Marc @ Town Hall for Protective Management Training
- All Day - Joy @ Town Hall for Leadership Meeting
- 12:30-3:30 PM - Marc and Justin @ Town Hall for Extended leadership Mtg
- Marc @ Conard for Collegial Calibration - All Day
- Lunch & Learn - Multi Use Room
- 8th Grade Electives Presentation - Period 8
- UA Progress Reports due
- Check sheets due
- Parent/Guardian Workshop on Social Media - 7:00PM
- Team Leaders - Full
- CSI - Building
- 8th Grade Orientation at Hall HS
- Report cards distributed - last 10 minutes - period 9 students return to MA
- Strings Pyramid Concert - 7:00PM
Professional Conferences of Interest
Professional Learning Opportunities This Summer
The University of Connecticut, in collaboration with The Penn Center, Georgia Historical Society and other Sea Islands sites, announces Gullah Voices: Traditions and Transformations, two one-week NEH Landmarks of History and Culture Workshops to be held in Savannah, GA July 12-17 and July 19-24, 2015. Gullah Voices will examine the artistic expressions of the Gullah people, whose history, stories, beliefs, and creative expressions are critical antecedents to African-American culture and the broader American mosaic, as we know it today. We invite K-12 teachers, librarians, administrators and home schooling parents to apply. Participants will be awarded a $1,200 stipend toward the program costs. Application deadline is March 2, 2015.
Visit us on Facebook: Gullah Voices
For program description and application visit: www.gullahvoices.org
ISTE Conference --June 28-July 1
We'd love for 2-4 representatives from KP to attend this conference to further our integration of technology. We are able to cover the registration cost and mileage for a carpool vehicle. Wondering more about why I think this is such a cool conference then check out these presentations and if you want to know more about what is offered then click here. Time is of the essence. Let Joy know by Feb. 20th.
FAQs about Reading Services