Wall Street Protest
By: Corey Cress
Why they are Protesting
- Main reason - rich people are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer.
- Mad because 1% controls 42% of the wealth.
- Profits rising
- Wages dropping
- Most of the signs people had as they were protesting said "we are the 99%" that was also on t-shirts, signs etc.
- Political and economic conflics
- Didn't speak up then, they thought it was to late
Where they are Protesting
- Most of the protests started in New York city
- Soon to spread to other states
- Celebrities embraced it
- College professors put in context of the protest
- Oakland and California brought the most tension to the media
- People gathered at Zuccotti park in New York City
- Started in 2008
- In 2011 were still protests
- $700 billion bailout
- More donations by rich people
- Liberal groups
How do the Participants Demonstrate there Beliefs
I think they used vandalism to show that they were angry and scared about the country. They made it clear what there main reason was, they made t-shirts, signs, and pins that said "we are that 99%" because they thought that if they didn't speak up soon then it will be to late. Most of the people started believing them and they started supporting it, it was the main topic for a few years baucse they got there point a crossed violently.