BURLESON ELEMENTARY NEWS
MAY 13, 2021
A NOTE FROM DR. COFFMAN
Please save the date! We are going to have an awards ceremony for all students on May 26th. The students will need to dress to impress at a celebration just for them. The ceremony will be held in the gym and our schedule is very full. Please make sure to exit quickly at the end of the ceremony because we will be moving directly into the next grade level's awards. Kindergarten will celebrate both with awards and graduation.
¡Tuvimos una semana estupenda y ocupada! ¡Los estudiantes trabajaron duro en su examen STAAR! ¡Estamos orgullosos de todos los logros que hemos logrado este año! Los maestros y estudiantes demostraron trabajo duro y dedicación este año. ¡Nuestros estudiantes irán a lugares en el futuro y tenemos la bendición de verlos prosperar! Nos esforzamos por formar líderes fuertes y buenos ciudadanos tanto dentro como fuera del aula.
¡Por favor, guarde la fecha! Vamos a tener una ceremonia de premios para todos los estudiantes el 26 de mayo. Los estudiantes deberán vestirse para impresionar en una celebración solo para ellos. La ceremonia se llevará a cabo en el gimnasio y nuestro horario está muy lleno. Por favor asegúrese de salir rápidamente al final de la ceremonia porque pasaremos directamente a los premios del siguiente nivel de grado. Kindergarten celebrará tanto con premios como con graduación.
Horario de la ceremonia:
PK 8-8: 20
K 8: 20-9: 00
Primero 9-9: 25
2do 9: 25-9: 50
3er 9: 50-10: 10
4to 10: 10-10: 30
5to 10: 30-10: 50
- Please write down words read on reading log.
- Library books are due back on Tuesday.
- Awards Ceremony will be May 26th. Students will need to dress up on this day.
We had a blast on our field trip! Thank you to PTO for all you do!
- Our LAST spelling test is May 20th. Please, please practice at home.
- End of year report card testing has begun. It is important for your child to be here every day.
- Graduation and End of Year awards ceremony will be on May 26th from 8:20 - 9 am.
- Field Day is on May 27th (last day of school). Please send your child in socks and tennis shoes.
- Library books are due back to the school and pack a water bottle every day!!
Thank you again for all the support this school year. It has been challenging for many, but we survived! I am beyond proud of every single child in this classroom. Their growth has been incredible, and I couldn't be more excited to watch them soar next year!
Please let me know if you need anything. 🙂
· Practice ALL your sight words. A few students still need to test over ALL 150 words either on Friday or Tuesday.
· Practice -4’s for a test on Friday.
· Practice addition facts for daily opportunities to earn a brag tag.
· READ, READ, READ and be ready to AR test every day. The last day to AR test and earn points will be Friday, May 21.
· Make sure to send a water bottle every day.
**Mark your calendar now!! End of year awards will be on Wednesday, May 26th from 9:00 – 9:25. This will be a dress up affair so wear your Sunday best!
**A special thank you to our FABULOUS PTO for sponsoring our field trip! We all had a GREAT time!
Just a few things to remember for this week....
-Second grade will test over -0 to -12 math facts this Friday and next Friday.
-We will have sight word test each Friday until the end of the year, starting tomorrow, Friday, May 14th.
-Continue to READ, READ, READ and take AR tests!!!
-The last day to take AR tests is May 21st.
-Be sure you are reading for at least 20 minutes every night and that you are filling out the Home Reading Log. The Reading Logs are due every Friday morning.
-Please remember to send a water bottle with your child/children each and every day. With the warmer afternoons, students get very thirsty after playing outside!
-Check the ClassDojo Class Story for important dates to remainder of the month of May.
-Thank you for all that you do!
- We are done with STAAR! I'm very proud of how hard the kids worked and did their best!
- This next week we are reading some Fractured Fairytales and comparing them to the original fairytales they were written about.
- In Social Studies we are continuing to review what has been taught.
We have finished STAAR testing this week!!!! The students did their best, and I am very proud of how hard they worked!!! We are now working on skills to prepare for 4th grade math.
In science we are finishing up our lessons on how animals adapt to their environment.
I can't believe this year is almost over!!! I have enjoyed working with your child and am very proud of their growth this year. Our 3rd grade awards ceremony will be on May the 26th at 9:50. Please have your child dress up.
- We are done with STAAR Testing!! Students worked hard and we are looking forward to great results. In case your child was absent, we will have a STAAR make-up day on Friday.
- We will finish out the year in ELAR preparing to move on to 5th grade.
- This week In Social Studies we are learning about the Railroad Boom in Texas.
- Grades are due soon, so please make sure to return any outstanding corrections by Friday.· As always… Read, Read, Read! – Reading is still a homework assignment! All students are required to read for at least 20 minutes every evening. Please make sure you monitor what your child is reading and initial your child’s Reading Log every evening after they have read.
Please message me on Dojo with any questions or concerns.
- Our students worked very hard on the Math and Reading STAAR test! I am very proud of them!!
- In Science we are learning about inherited traits and learned behaviors. Your child will bring home a paper for the parents to fill out. Sorry, parents but you had homework last night!!
- We still have plenty to work on to prepare for next year so thank you for having your child here everyday.
- Let’s finish strong! Keep working hard!!
- Please make sure that your child is doing their 20-minute reading EVERY night. This will boost their vocabulary and make them an all around better student. Reading every day helps with Math, Science and Social Studies also!
- This has been a busy week with all the STAAR testing.
- We will be going over some introduction 6th grade concepts to finish off the year found in our curriculum.
- Friday, May 21st, our 5th graders will be going on a field trip. We will be going to Joyland in Lubbock (weather permitting). We will send more detailed plans with your child by Friday.
We are finished testing and very proud of the kids!!!! It was a different year, but they have exceeded my expectations!
~On Friday we will be taking a Field Trip to JOYLAND, I will send a note home next week with more information.
~Please make sure students are still coming to school and on time!!!
~For the awards coming up, it will be an official ceremony, so we ask that the kids are dressed in their best attire.
Dates coming: more info later
May 26- Awards @ 10:30am-May 27- Field Day/ Last Day
HAPPY TEACHERS APPRECIATION FROM OUR STUDENTS
WEDNESDAY SNACK SHACK
Prices will range from $2.00 - $4.00.