By: Santiago Checa
What is Anxiety?
Anxiety is a feeling of worry and nervousness. Usually about an imminent event or something with an uncertain outcome.
- Most common mental illness in the United States.
- Anxiety disorders affect 1/8 children.
- Affects 40 million adults in the United States. 18% of the population.
- 2/3 of adults with Anxiety do not receive treatment.
- Women are more affected by Anxiety than men.
Some types: social phobias generalised anxiety disorder specific phobias, panic disorders, agoraphobia, and seperation anxiety disorder, etc.
Anxiety Signs and Symptoms
Some physical symptoms: shortness in breath, shaking, naseua, headache, rapid heartbeat, dizy spells and more.
Symptoms: include-tense, restless, sensitive to criticism, witdrawn and distracted.