Important Information From Miss Cappuccino
May 3, 2022
May is a month filled with many celebrations. Celebrations that recognize our staff and our students! We kick off the first week of May with Teacher Apprecaition Week (May 2nd - May 6th). Please join us in celebrating our dedicated and passionate educators. I am truly honored to have the privilege of working with such an incredible group of teachers. Please join me in celebrating all that they do each and everday for our students and school community this week.
May 6th is Nurses' Day! Please join us in celebrating our phenomenal nurses, Mrs. Argenti, Ms. Allen and Mrs. McCloskey!
Our schools will be closed on May 17th due to Election Day and May 30th in observance of Memorial Day.
PSSA Testing Continues this Month.
Our students in grades 3-5 will continue with Math PSSA testing during the week of May 2nd. Only students in grade four will participate in Science PSSA testing, which will take place the week of May 9th. Please continue to ensure that your child comes to school well rested, has a healthy breakfast and is ready to do their best during testing sessions. A reminder to review our Parent Letter and Pennsylvania Electronic Device Policy.
Book Fair Volunteers Needed
Our Scholastic Spring Book Fair will be here May 16th - May 20th! We are in need of parent volunteers to help with running the Book Fair which will take place in our Grandview Library. If you are interested in volunteering for the Book Fair, please email Miss Cappuccino at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note that all volunteers will need to have the required clearances.
Please see the attached flyer to learn how you can be a parent volunteer within our schools!
21st Century Summer Camp Registration Information
We are eager to share 21st Century's Above and Beyond Summer Camp information. Registration for camp will open on May 9th! Please see the attached flyers for more information. Please note that there are 100 spots available. Make sure to register as soon as possible to enroll in this fantastic program!
A Message from Farmer Mel
Dear K-5 Families,
It has been wonderful to spend time as food explorers in the classroom and cafeteria over the past few months. We have eaten a boatload of fresh veggies together! Family cooking videos are coming your way soon. We look forward to your trying the recipes at home and letting us know how you like them!
We will start a plant growing project this week and look forward to seeing you at the Literacy Night for a special recipe tasting and gardening activity. We will culminate our program with a field trip at the farm at the end of the month and early June.
We are excited about the fun times ahead!
Melanie Douty-Snipes (AKA Farmer Mel)
Mark Your Calendars!
- May 3rd -- May 4th Math PSSA Testing (Grades 3-5)
- May 9th - Raptor Project Community Presentation 6:30 p.m. M/S HS Auditorium
- May 10th - Student Government Meeting 8 a.m.
- May 10th - May 11th - Science PSSA Testing (Grade 4 Only)
- May 16th, 18th, 19th and 20th - Book Fair
- May 17th - District Closed - Election Day
- May 18th - Book Fair 5 - 6:30 p.m.; Literacy Night 6:30 - 8:00 p.m.
- May 20th - Performance Concerns Sent Home
- May 23rd - May 26th - Fab Lab for grades 1-5
- May 24th - Kindergarten Trip to Snipes Farm
- May 25th - 1st Grade and Mrs. Connell's Trip to Snipes Farm
- May 26th - 2nd Grade Trip to Snipes Farm
- May 27th - K-5 Field Day
- May 30th - District Closed - Memorial Day
- May 31st - Benchmark Testing Begins for Grades K-5