On the TRAIL - for Mustang Families
We are MT - MUSTANG STRONG!
Celebrating African-American/Black History Month
Finish Strong Students!
We have met each challenge head on and are poised to do well again.
But first, we really need to stay focused on finishing term 3 strong so we can make sure every student reaches their goals for the future.
Students, don't forget to talk with your teachers if you have questions or are struggling. We want to see you succeed but teachers can't help if they don't know what you need. And remember, you can ask to meet up with them from 2-3:20 as well to get extra help or visit our tutoring (info in the ASSETs button below).
No matter what, give it your ALL and do your best. Focus on doing it for your future and stay strong! You can do it!
We want everyone to be well so here are some reminders of resources available in the picture at bottom of newsletter.
Reach out if you need anything.
See the update here to learn more about reopening information and updates.
Respecting each other's safety - following the protocols
While the site is currently closed except for appointments at the office and the sports practices that have begun, it is very important to remember to follow ALL protocols when you come to campus for any reason.
As soon as you are at our parking lot:
- wear the mask correctly (over nose and mouth) We must wear them on campus now.
- stay 6 ft apart from others
Let's be sure to follow all safety protocols including but not limited to:
- use the daily checklist and do not come to campus if any experiencing any symptoms
- wear masks when on campus
- social distance 6ft or more
These will still be in place even if someone is vaccinated.
Avoid eating together in the same space and do not share food.
Athletes - please do not congregate together and be sure to follow the protocols as soon as you arrive and until you have left so we can keep this going forward. We are excited to see the possibility on the horizon to hopefully have seasons for you so let's do our part.
Other Opportunities in EGUSD...
EGUSD Virtual Wellness Series
All workshops will be held via Zoom from 6:00 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. A confirmation email with the Zoom link will be sent a day before the event to all who register on Eventbrite.
> Click here to view series
March 3, 2021: EGUSD Virtual Wellness Series: How to Help your Child/Teen with Depression
This workshop will provide you with tips and resources on how to help your children in grades 4th-12th, who may be suffering from depression. Come learn how to recognize signs, and symptoms and how to seek help.
> Click here to register
Strengthening Families FAMILY classes
Strengthening Families is not a parenting class, it's a fun, family skill-building series that parents and their kids do TOGETHER! For the first hour each week, parents join a class and the kids join a separate class. Classes will be held Tuesday evenings from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. via ZOOM.
January 20, 2021 - March 24, 2021: Family Leadership Academy (FLA) Sessions
Family and Community Engagement (FACE) is committed to provide cultural leadership and enrichment opportunities to motivate, engage and support families in becoming leaders and partners in the co-education of their child’s educational journey. FLA Facilitators will guide, coach and create a welcoming environment and platform for families to share, examine and explore “supports to achieve and sustain racial equity through proactive and preventative measures” (EGUSD Educational Equity 2020-2021 Plan).
Free Tax preparation from United Way
You might be eligible for free virtual help preparing your taxes and claiming credits this year, saving an average of $200 in preparer fees and earning up to $8,000 in credits. To qualify for United Way California Capital Region’s Free Tax Prep program that launches on Jan. 20, your household must have earned $65,000 or less in 2020.
> Click here to learn more
What if our students need a Chromebook or have an issue with a current one?
The student/family should contact the front office during work hours 7:30-4 Mon-Fri (except holidays)
Individuals will be told when and how to pick up a Chromebook on a case by case basis. It will not occur at distribution for term 4.
This week on the Trail
Monday, Feb. 22
Tuesday, Feb. 23
Meal Service day
Wednesday, Feb. 24
Thursday, Feb. 25
Friday, Feb. 26
Meal service day
Friday Fun Day - lunch activities - see emails
February Culture Club - zoom 3:30-4:30 (watch for invite)
- MT Regional Equity Coalition updates coming soon
- Senior - cap and gown delivery tentatively March 3rd (see senior section of newsletter)
- Term 3 textbook/materials collection week of March 8th
- Term 3 ends - March 12, 2021
- Spring Break - March 15-19
- Term 4 begins - March 22
- Term 4 textbook/materials distribution week of March 22nd
Senior Information - Class of 2021!
Click on this one to find out about workshop presentations, application and orientation info and more.
Seniors see Synergy emails from Mr. Grivel and Ms. Green for vital information throughout the rest of the year
Students/Parents - College Application and Admissions Workshops & Other Fun Events: Sign up Today!
v AKA All College Application Workshop Materials (workshop dates to be determined)
Late afternoon/Saturday College Fairs: v HBCU Winter Fair Flyer / HBCU Winter Flyer #2 HBCU Virtual Winter Fair is Feb 18 – 20 & May 13; Students register here: www.ucangotocollege.org; v What’s New? - HBCU Winter Fair Details (information for students/parents)
Weekend & Weekday College Board Virtual College Fair Events: Feb 6, Feb 23, Mar 7, Mar 11; Students register here: https://pages.collegeboard.org/big-future-days?excmpid=mtg680-st-1-gen;
v Big Future Days Flyer (English) – registration link embedded;
v Big Future Days Flyer (Spanish) – registration link embedded
Questions? Email EGUSD District Head Counselor: email@example.com or send voicemail to Nicole N. Brown 916-793-2678
Graduation updates - Senior STUDENT emails needed NOW please
Check out Mr. Craig Grivel's email for more specifics but here is a brief update from the email sent:
- currently planning for three distinct graduation options - we do not have a clear picture of what will and won’t be allowed at the end of the year
- We are moving forward to produce a fully virtual ceremony.
- A ceremony at Golden 1 is still in the planning stages, if that were to be allowed.
- We are also making plans for a possible ceremony outside, that would allow students to physically distance and walk across the stage.
Cap and gown info
Students will need a cap and gown to participate in any of the above scenarios.
- prices for the cap, gown, and tassel package go up after January
- The direct link to the basic package is:
- You may also order a loaner at the same link (Click on Borrow Cap and Gown). Loaners, including the tassel, will need to be returned before you pick up your diploma.
- All cap and gowns are scheduled to be delivered on Wednesday, March 3 between 2:00 and 4:00pm (most likely be a drive through distribution - More information will be coming)
- If you have specific questions regarding your cap and gown, please contact our Jostens vendor, Pat Cummings, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior STUDENT emails needed
An important step in preparing for the virtual ceremony is the collection of each student’s personal email address. This will be needed for students to register, and communicate, with the company that will collect photos and other necessary information, such as name pronunciation, for the ceremony.
- Parents must log in to ParentVUE,, select “Student Info” and click the button labeled “Edit Information.” In the field for “Student’s Email,” enter the student email address. Remember to click “Save Changes” after entering the email address. The email needs to be an accurate, working address that the student checks frequently. If you have more than one senior, each student must have a unique email address. The file below is an example of what the screen should look like to enter the address.
We love our MUSTANGS and we want to see you all graduate! You have worked so hard so let's finish strong and get that diploma! Reach out to counselors, teachers or admin if you need help and let's do this!
See the athletic website for MTHS for all information
For Metro League - Approved to start Season 1 Sports
Cross Country - Coach Heck - email@example.com
Girls Tennis - Coach Naidu - firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the COVID -19 pandemic, all dates are subject to change.
MTHS College and Career News
Click here to stay on track to determining your college/career options.
Ways to stay in touch
Please make sure to follow us on:
to be updated on all of the great things happening on The Trail
Translation - Traducción - Dịch - 翻譯
Use the button at the top of the newsletter
Utilice el botón en la parte superior del boletín
Sử dụng nút ở dưới cùng của bản tin