Maple Grove Newsletter
November 12, 2015
In 1863, in the middle of our Civil War, one of the darkest periods in our nation's history, President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed our first official Thanksgiving holiday. President Lincoln understood that no matter how difficult our present may appear, we still need to take the time to thank those who have made a difference in our lives. Please take some time this November to thank those who have made a difference in your life.
Please know, that I am thankful to you for the support you have given me and the support you provide for Maple Grove. As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.
Box Tops Competition - Winners Announced & New Competition Started!
Every month we will be having a competition that will end at the end of the month. This month we will end the competition on Nov. 24th due to the Thanksgiving Break. So, remember to clip and send in those box tops from Pillsbury, Green Giant, Totinos, Progresso, Old El Paso, and Gold Medal products; as well as all General Mills cereals and other products. Each "Box Top for Education" is worth $.10 for the school. Please have your children turn in eligible "Box Tops" to their teacher.
Marcus Theatre Ticket Fundraiser
Wisconsin Christmas Carnival of Lights
Saturday, Nov. 28th, 5-9pm
8425 Wisconsin 38
- Parent drop off in the morning is in the BACK of the building. Students shouldn't be dropped off until 8:30 as there is no supervision outside. They are immediately let in the building at that time. If it is after 8:40, please drop them off in the front as there is no one in the back to let them in! The school day officially begins at 8:45.
- When dropping off students before school, please do not park in front of the gates. This area is reserved for parents who are dropping off students and leaving. If you are parking and walking your child into school or waiting for them to enter the building before you leave, please park farther up the street.
- At dismissal, please park in the parking lot. Please do not wait in the service drive in front of school. We have several day care buses that arrive after dismissal and must pull up to our front doors.
- If you received a "bill" for registration fees, please pay them as soon as possible. If you have a bill that is more than you can pay at this time, you do not have to pay it off all at once. Paying some of it each month is fine too! Please contact the office if you have questions. Thank you for your attention to this matter!
- If your student has free or reduced lunch and brings a cold lunch and takes a milk, they will be charged $0.40. There has been confusion regarding this!
- Medications at school must be accompanied with the proper paperwork.. Parents/guardians should bring medication to the office in their original packaging. Authorization forms for non-prescription and prescription medications, can be found on the School District of Greenfield website. Please do not have your student bring medication to the office.
Tuesday, Nov. 17th, 6pm
Maple Grove Elementary School, Greenfield, WI, United States
Kids to Kids Toy Drive
Mark your Calendar!
11/17 - 2nd grade Field Trip to Marcus Center for the Performing Arts
11/17 - Fundraiser pickup in the Rotunda (after school) 3:30 - 5:00 p.m.
11/17 - STP Meeting (6:00 p.m.)
11/24 - Popcorn sale in the Rotunda ($1)
11/24 - Marcus tickets due (to receive by Winter Break)
11/25-11/27 - No School (Happy Thanksgiving)
11/30 - Toy Drive begins
12/4 - Deck the Halls (6-8 p.m.)
12/10 - Last day to bring in toys for the Toy Drive
12/11 - Penguin Patch Holiday Shopping at Maple Grove
12/16 - Chorus field trip to Mitchell Domes (Performance at 10:30)
12/18 - Last Mad Science class
12/23-1/1 - No School (Winter Break)