BAMS Staff Newsletter
February 16th, 2014 - Volume 1, Issue 19
Bessie Allen Middle School - SLO
By the end of the 2013-2014 school year, 100% of an identified population of struggling readers in 6th-8th grade will increase their Reading RIT score on the May MAP assessment.
I will be making some adjustments to our building SLO. I feel that this goal is too narrow and needs to be more broad. I really like the idea of this being a pilot year because the vision for these goals is becoming much clearer as we learn and experience more. Look for an updated goal soon.
Out of the Office
- February 17th - Safety Summit - West Bend - 7:15am-5pm
- February 18th - Admin Meeting - DMR - 9-10:30am
- February 19th - Administrator/Superintendent Meeting - Moraine Park - 7:30-9:30am
- February 25th - Admin Meeting - DMR - 9-10:30am
News and Notes
- The school dance on Valentine's Day was awesome! Our students were again very well behaved and had much fun. Thank you to Adam Micke and Cindy Vander Galien for helping to supervise. Adam also put his DJ skills on display, nice! This dance came together last minute, but I'm really glad we took the risk to put it on. Adam and the student council worked hard to get everything ready. This would be a great topic to talk to students about this week.
- The topic of fidelity checks came up in a few team meetings last week. Keeping this on the minds of our students will help to deter usage issues. Please continue to take time to do regular checks. I am willing to help with checking iPads whenever needed.
- I will send out an Alert Now message early this week to remind parents about conferences on the 24th and 26th. I will encourage parents to call the main office to schedule conference times. Hopefully, this will help save teams' time with scheduling.
- Thank you for using Aesop for your substitute needs. I have not heard of any problems at this point. Let's continue to be "all-in" with using this. Please let me know if issues arise.
- Surveys - Thank you so much for taking time to complete the 3 surveys that are currently out there. The surveys are the Leadership Skills Inventory, voting for our schedule for next year, and supports needed for teaching in the block. I will keep these open through this week and then will start to analyze the data and act take the necessary next step.
- The school store will be switching times and location. Beth will open up the store every Friday during both lunch periods. It's been great to have Beth take the lead with our school store. This is a great time of the year to try something new and see how things go.
- If at any time you need behavioral data on a student, please speak with Brandon. He would be happy to get you any data you need.
- Next Meeting - February 26th at 7am
OASYS and Teacher Effectiveness
- Documentation Log - Due May 1st
- 2nd Observation - Due Before May 1st
- End of Year SLO Review - Due by May 15th
- SLO Score Report - Due by May 31st
- 2 visits to another classroom - Due by the End of the Year
Dates to Remember
- February 21st - Grades Due for Mid-term for 3rd Quarter - 7am
- February 24th - Parent/Teacher Conferences - 3-7pm
- February 24th - Board Meeting - DMR - 7pm
- February 25th - Staff Meeting - DMR - 2:50-3:15pm
- February 26th - Parent/Teacher Conferences - 3-6:30pm
Staff Meeting Agenda
Next Staff Meeting: February 25th, 2014 - 2:50-3:15pm
Agenda: Reflections from WSRA (Wisconsin State Reading Convention
- The team that went to the convention will be sharing "one big thing" that they took away from the event.
Early Release Agenda
Mystery Staff Member
Who am I?
- Cooking is one of my favorite hobbies.
- As a senior in HS, I won the JV Doubles Conference Championship in tennis.
- Folding laundry makes me want to vomit.
After reading the clues, email me with your guess of who this staff member is. The first 3 people to email me with the correct answer will get to prize from the "prize box".
Last week's Mystery Staff Member: Jenny Stahl
Last week's winner(s): No One - another stumper!