Dryden Dolphin Splash Newsletter
September 8, 2019
Second graders have been carefully dissecting owl pellets and categorizing bones in order to determine what kind of animal is in the pellet.
Students as Teachers
It's wonderful to see even our youngest students take the lead as they use the interactive whiteboard to show their peers how to make words.
The Intersection of Art & Math
These fifth graders were fascinated by tessellations in art class- how they work and how to make them!
Students as Teachers
Upcoming Dates to Remember
9/9 - LMC Volunteer Training, 11:15 AM
9/9 - Parent- Teacher Conference Preference Form Emailed to Parents
9/10 - First PTA Meeting, 7:00 PM, Dryden LMC
9/11 - PTA Birthday Books for August & September Birthdays (Students select books during the lunch hour.)
9/11 - Patriotic Sing Along by the flagpole, 8:40 AM
9/13 - 5th Grade Field Trip to Naper Settlement
9/18 - 1st Session of Running Club, 8:10 - 8:50 AM
9/18 - PTA Dine-Out Fundraiser at Culver's (2060 E Northwest Highway, Arlington Heights)
9/19 - Music for Youth Parent Information Night, 7:00 PM at Olive School
9/19 - Board of Education Meeting, 7:30 PM at Thomas Middle School
9/25 - Picture Day
9/27- 2nd & 4th Grade PTA Kidz Voice articles due
- Car pick-up & drop-off is southbound along Dryden in front of the school only. Please help us respect our neighbors by not picking-up or dropping-off in front of residents' homes or using their driveways to make u-turns.
- Please remain in your car. This helps keep the traffic line going and prevents back-up into the intersection of Dryden & Rockwell where many children cross the street.
- You may park in the south lot before 3:30 PM or in the Southminster Church lot if you want to get out of your car to pick-up or drop-off your child in person.
- Please do not have your child walk between two parked cars. Please do not have your child get into your car while you are going southbound along Dryden.
- Please have your children walk to Dryden and Rockwell to cross the street with our crossing guard, Mr. Poteracki, instead of crossing mid-street.
- Please avoid bringing pets on school grounds. If you are walking with your pet to pick-up or drop-off your child, we ask that you wait off of school grounds, such as across the street, with your pet. Some pets may react unsafely in large crowds, so we appreciate your cooperation with this.
With everyone's patience and cooperation, we are typically able to have all of our students arrive or be dismissed safely within eight minutes. We sincerely appreciate your cooperation!
Fall Parent-Teacher Conferences
First PTA Meeting of the Year
Please join us at the first general PTA meeting of the year on Tuesday, September 10 at 7:00 PM in the Dryden LMC. We are doing things a bit differently this year by having only four general meetings, so make sure you don't miss this first one! We'll be hosting a planning session for the year. All chairpersons are invited to introduce their events. We hope to see you there! Any questions or comments? Contact PTA President Liz Nierman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, September 18
Wednesday, October 9
Wednesday, October 16
8:10 - 8:50 AM
Check in at the Dryden field
Questions? Contact Nickie Cecola at email@example.com.
Click HERE to sign up by Friday, September 13. Looking forward to seeing your kids soon!
PTA Kidz Voice Submissions by 2nd & 4th Grade, Due September 27
Attention all 2nd and 4th Graders! This is your opportunity to write an article for the PTA's student newspaper, Kidz Voice! Stories, recipes, poems, or jokes are just some entry ideas. All entries are due by Friday, September 27 to Evie Carlson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries may also be turned in to the school office. Throughout the year, all grade levels have the opportunity to write for Kidz Voice.
PTA Dine-Out Fundraiser at Culver's, September 18, 11:00 AM - 8:00 PM
A Note from D25 Food Service
The Food Service Department offers safe meals for students that have food allergies or sensitivities. If you are interested in a safe meal menu for your child, please contact the food service office via email and we will send you the documents that need to be completed. Please send your email to email@example.com.
This year we are offering dessert with school meals that are purchased on Fridays. Families of students with peanut/tree nut allergies need to be aware that we do offer items that are produced in facilities that also produce items that contain peanuts and tree nuts. Please review labels on the website for more information. Labeling regulations for food service items are different than retail packaged items and companies are not required to post this statement on bulk cases of product.
Enjoy "The Splish", our weekly video of highlights at Dryden!
Please remember to check out the eflyer link above to see local programs that are available to our students. There are wonderful activities and services available throughout Arlington Heights and neighboring communities.