Lester Park School Newsletter - #11
October 27, 2023
- Oct 27...PTA Dance (more info below)
- Nov 8...Picture Retake Day
- Nov 10...School Spirit Day (Red White & Blue!)
- Nov 23-24...NO SCHOOL (Thanksgiving)
- Nov 27...Giving Tree Donations begin (more info to come)
- Dec 15...Last Day for Giving Tree Donations
- Dec 4...NO SCHOOL (Staff Development Day)
- Dec 7...PTA Holiday Craft Night
- Dec 19...Giving Tree Delivery!
- Dec 21...School Spirit Day (Pajama Day!)
- Dec 22-Jan 1...NO SCHOOL (Holiday Break)
Lester Park School Calendar is on our website HERE.
The Specialist (Day 1-4) Calendar can be found HERE.
School Dance TONIGHT!!
Dress up, or come as you are!
This is also a Fundraiser for the 5th Grade Wolf Ridge Trip!
5th Graders and staff/volunteers will be selling:
Pizza, juice boxes, glow sticks
and Lester Park stickers!
So come join us for a night of family fun and dancing
And help support the 5th Graders trip to Wolf Ridge ELC in April!
School Picture Information
Pictures are going home today!
* If your child does not bring anything home today...it will go home with them on Monday.
* If you did not order pictures, a sample of your child's picture is sent home along with instructions on how to order them. If your child missed Picture Day, nothing is sent home.
* If there is a problem with your child's picture...there are instructions on the back of the packet: email lifetouch.com/support-us
If you would like your child's picture retaken...
You can have this done on Picture Retake Day, Nov 8th. Simply send the portrait package back to school on that day. Also, please let the teacher know ahead of time. Unlike Picture Day, students do not go with their whole class on Retake Day. They are sent individually if they need their picture taken.
Picture Retake Day (Nov 8) is also for students who missed Picture Day!
* Below is the Picture Retake form if your child missed the actual Picture Day. There are hardcopies in the front vestibule.
* To order pictures taken on Retake Day: go to mylifetouch.com and enter EVTW7JHB9.
* You do NOT need to fill out a picture retake form if you placed an order for the Original Picture Day. They will use the previous order information for the retake order, which is why they ask you to return your original package.
Looking for extra cash and can only work during the school day?
While we wait for these positions to be filled, we are able fill them with a substitute para. Unfortunately there are not a lot of sub paras out there, which is why we are sending out this request! Para hours at Lester Park School are 7:30am-2:15pm. However if you are only able to help out for part of the day, we can make that happen as well!
First thing is you need to apply here: https://www.teachersoncall.com/talent/apply-now
After you have been approved to be a sub by TeachersOnCall, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can help you become a full-time or part-time para sub at our school. Thanks!
Trick Or Treat Safety Tips from our DPD
Duluth Police Department Officer Forsyth has created a trick or treat safety tips video for schools to share.
You can find it here: https://fb.watch/nXvy-kuJL4/
ILLNESS AND ABSENCE INFORMATION
For Positive COVID Results or Symptoms:
please click HERE.
What do I do if my child is going to be absent from school?
Email email@example.com (the office & nurse will both see these emails)
or call attendance line 336-8875 then “3” to leave a recorded message
Please list any specific symptoms.
Teachers may have a preferred way for you to report an absence to them.
If the office does not know why a student is absent, an automated phone call and an email message will be sent out at sometime between 8:30-9:00. This is for safety reasons.
Some helpful links:
- Is My Child Well Enough To Go To School
- You can also call our school health office at 336-8875 x2654
Location: 5300 Glenwood Street, Duluth, MN 55804, USA
Phone: (218) 336-8875