RICAT Updated to Destiny 15.5!
- Patron Nicknames are now visible in Circulation
- Four new fields have been added to Report Builder: Date Lost and Email 3, 4, & 5 addresses
- Destiny Discover now displays "You May Also Like" title recommendations.
- Students can now view Fines and Checkouts in Destiny Discover
- The Search Bar functionality in Destiny Discover now includes Location, Format, Interest Level, and Reading Program
- For those with OverDrive Audiobooks- they will now appear on the audiobooks ribbon in Destiny Discover
- Collections by Destiny® now include free collections under “Featured Collections” tab that provide tools for Lightbox™, an “Instructor Use Only” field so individual items can be hidden from student view, and “Report Abuse feature” that lets users report inappropriate materials
For complete details about the new release visit Follett Community Blog.
We Need Your Feedback!
Thank you in advance for your participation.
Deadline to Renew LORI Certification
Additions to BookLynx for March 2018
New additions appeal to a wide variety of age levels and include fiction and non-fiction, including lots of titles for careers as well as NEW professional titles. You can sort the list by call number, title, author, and date. Instructions for adding BookLynx eBooks and digital audio books to your library’s FollettShelf are on our web site at http://guides.rilink.org/shelf on the [Add/Delete Titles?] tab.
Please note: Donna Good is eagerly awaiting your suggestions for titles/subjects/genres to add to BookLynx. Just fill out the form at http://rilink.libsurveys.com/eBookrequest !!
LibGuides Tip of the Month
Did You Know?
New in the OLIS Professional Collection – your tax dollars funding your continuing education ! Borrow a book today from the Frank Iacono Library.
Technology and Digital Media in the Early Years: Tools for Teaching and Learning by Chip Donohue, Routledge, 2014. "... a snapshot of the ever-changing digital world of devices, software, and websites... a structured, multidimensional framework that is the clearest path to date for professional decision-making about technology and digital media choices that enhance learning for young children... " - Jerlean E. Daniel, Early Childhood Consultant (NAEYC Executive Director from 2010 to 2013)
Tap, Click, Read: Growing Readers in a World of Screens by Lisa Guernsey and Michael H. Levine, Jossey-Bass, 2015) “Guernsey and Levine provide an exhaustive, comprehensible resource for parents and educators, offering distinct approaches and tools on how to help children become strong readers, despite the often overwhelming influence of digital media... ”Krista Welz, North Bergen High School, NJ, SLJ review
RICAT is now a Secure Site (https://) that encrypts and decrypts requests and responses. This ensures security of student information, especially when students are using Destiny Collections.
World Book is also now a Secure Site. Please update any links to World Book to https://www.worldbookonline.com/wb/products?ed=all&subacct=00M7105.
Please report any authentication issues to AskRI.org through their tech support form.