Promesa Family Update
July 16th, 2021
Dear New and Returning Promesa Families,
We are excited to welcome our teaching staff back to campus in just over two weeks and our students in just over four weeks - the new school year is quickly approaching!
Here are a few quick reminders:
1. Meet the Teacher Night: Wednesday, August 11th from 4-6pm. To ensure easier access to onsite parking, please sign up for a time slot here. If you have multiple children across one or multiple grades, you only need to sign up once!
2. Supply Lists: You can find supply lists here. Please label items with your child's name and bring all supplies (except your child's backpack) to our Meet the Teacher event.
3. Family Fun this Sunday: Please join our family advisory council for a meet-and-greet at Pearsall Park this Sunday at 3pm. More information on the event can be found here.
4. Afterschool, Transportation, Carpool, and Tech Needs: If you are a new family that has registered with us within the last few weeks, please fill out the Afterschool, Transportation, Carpool, and Tech Needs Survey.
5. Uniforms: You can find our uniform policy here.
6. Carpooling: If you indicated that you would like to share your information with other families to arrange a carpool, Casandra Reyes (email@example.com) will be emailing you with the carpool map. Please contact Casandra if you would like to be added to this list.
7. First Day of School: The first day of school for all students is Monday, August 16th!
Take a look below for new updates on COVID guidelines, bus routes, afterschool registration, volunteer opportunities, supply requests, and more!
With love and gratitude,
Please click here to read more about our health and safety protocols as we get ready to welcome all of our students back in person this August.
Click here to view the first draft of our bus routes. These may be slightly edited as new families enroll. Please contact Casandra Reyes (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions about the routes.
To ensure easier access to onsite parking, please sign up for a slot for the Meet the Teacher event on August 11th.
With two weeks until staff return to campus, we need help to organize classroom materials, our clothing closet, and our storage closet. If you're available to stop by any time in the next two weeks, please sign up using the link above. Thank you!
We want to expand our afterschool offerings and would love your feedback on the types of afterschool clubs that your children are interested in. Thank you for taking a few minutes to fill this out!
Are you buying supplies from Amazon for the new school year? Please use this link to support our school! Amazon will donate 0.5% of every purchase to Promesa at no cost to you!
If you are a family that is able to purchase extra supplies to donate to Promesa families who may need additional assistance, we would really appreciate your help with this! We will send out a list in next week's newsletter of requested supplies and would appreciate any assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions this Week!
As we gear up for the new school year, we know that you have many questions on your mind! We'll try to capture some of the most frequently asked questions for the week, but please never hesitate to reach out to us if you have any additional questions!
1) Should we label supplies?
Yes, please do label supplies with your child's name and bring supplies to the Meet the Teacher event. You do not need to label any supplies purchased from the list of 'appreciated supplies.'
2) How will meals work?
We will continue to offer three FREE meals to ALL families next year! Your child will be able to have a free breakfast, lunch, and afterschool snack on campus, but you are more than welcome to send your child to school with their own snacks and meals. We just ask that any food sent from homes is peanut-free and that families do not send their children to school with unhealthy snacks or sodas.
3) Where can I send any additional registration documents?
If you are able to, please upload these to your registration portal. If not, please send any additional documents (IEPs, vaccination records, etc.) to Esmeralda Flores (email@example.com).
4) When will I know who my child's teacher is?
We will be working on rosters over the next two weeks and will be sending out class schedules and teacher assignments by the first week of August.
5) Where can I register for after-school care?
We are in final conversations with two afterschool vendors and should be opening up after-school registration next week!
You can find our academic calendar on our website whenever you need to refer to it!
Did you miss last week's newsletter or want to refer back to a previous newsletter? Click here to view all previous versions of our family newsletters!
New Families - Make Sure to Finish Registration!
Director of Curriculum and Instruction: Mary Hoekje, firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Operations [Transportation/Afterschool Questions]: Casandra Reyes, email@example.com
Front Office Manager [Registration Questions]: Esme Flores, firstname.lastname@example.org