Inspire Family Newsletter
News and updates for families of Inspire students
May 14, 2021
Dear Inspire Families,
A big "thank you" to all the families who attended our Parent/Guardian Information Night. It was so good to see your faces and hear your voices again. For those who were not able to attend, I'll summarize key points below:
1) 2021 -22 School Calendar and Schedule - We are planning to return on Monday, August 9 full time, in person, and five days a week. You can access the school calendar here and the daily schedule here.
2) COVID-19 Protocols and Processes - Keep in mind, the guidelines are constantly changing. Here's what we know now!
- Masking will continue to be required for staff and students.
- Enhanced ventilation in classrooms.
- 3' minimum social distancing.
- Ten-day quarantine for students who test positive for COVID, or have had close contact with someone who has tested positive.
- COVID vaccination strongly encouraged for students and staff.
3) Academic, Social, and Emotional Support - We know that students have been negatively impacted by the pandemic, and we plan to have supports in place for next year, including:
- Increased counseling services
- In-class tutors
- Lunch and after-school interventions
- Social-emotional learning in Advisories
If you missed the meeting, you can view it by clicking the link here and entering the Passcode: Z$8KHx7u.
As always, I welcome your questions, concerns, and good ideas! Feel free to call or email any time.
With gratitude and hope,
Inspire School of Arts and Sciences
Summer School Offered for June 14 - July 14
Inspire School of Arts and Sciences' online summer school program will be offered through a hybrid learning model: Students complete work online via Edgenuity, but attend school in-person. Inspire will be offering a four-week Summer School Session from June 14 through July 14 from 8:00 to noon each day. Students will come to campus daily, log into Edgenuity, and complete the work with support from an Inspire teacher.
If your child is in need of credit recovery and you are interested in enrolling them in summer school, please contact their counselor for more information:
Last Name A-K: Tasha Teeter firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Name L-Z: Marcus Hopkins@inspirechico.org
COVID Protocols: Updates and Information
- Physical distancing recommendations reflect a minimum of 3' between students in classrooms (revised from 6')
- Ventilation is a key component of a safe and healthy classroom environment
- Masks are still required at all times for staff and students
- Classrooms cleaned regularly (no longer required to disinfect)
- Students are expected to wash hands frequently, and to use hand sanitizer when entering or leaving the classroom
- Students experiencing symptoms of COVID should not come to school
Don't Forget to Enroll Your Incoming Inspire Students
2021-22 Inspire School Calendar
Messages from the main office:
In-Person Learners: Please report to campus no earlier than 8:15. Class will begin at 8:30 and be excused at 12pm, as they have for most of the year. Please do not linger on campus after class unless you have permission to do so.
- Please have your Covid-19 Parent/Student Agreement Form filled out and turned into the office upon arrival.
Distance Learners: No changes, please log on from 8:30 to noon.
Visitors Need to Sign-In At the Front Office When Coming to Campus.
Returning Materials to the Main Office
Please remind your student to return all school materials they are not currently using (text books, computers, chrome books, etc.) to the Main Office at their earliest opportunity as to avoid fines.
ALL materials should be returned to the school by the end of the school year.
Heads up Senior guardians, unreturned materials will inhibit your student from participating in Graduation activities.
Inspire is pleased to announce that we will be honoring our 2021 Inspire graduates with a Drive-In Graduation at the Silver Dollar Fairgrounds on Tuesday, June 1 at 7:30 p.m.
Families can attend in their own vehicles and enjoy a celebration of our Seniors' accomplishments with a virtual ceremony on the big screen. Students will have the opportunity to receive their diplomas in person, with a walk across the stage. We are also planning opportunities for families to take photos of their seniors with diplomas.
For questions, contact Becky Brown at email@example.com
Senior Grad Night
This event is FREE and for Inspire seniors ONLY.
Please Register HERE.
Please let Celeste know if you have any questions or would like to help with Sober Grad Night.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 530-999-2882
Cap & Gown Pick-Up
If you have questions about your order or need to make a payment and for all other questions, please contact our Herff Jones Rep, Sandy Gonzalez. 530.343.1637
The Silver Hoods have JUST arrived, you'll need to pick one up in the office to make the "lewk" complete.
Senior Picnic Chaperones Wanted!
This year's Senior Picnic will take place Friday, 21 May, 8:30-11:30 to be followed by Senior slideshow in Lincoln Center gym.
We are in need of parent/guardians to sign up to chaperone.
Last call for Yearbooks! The price is now $90. Please see below for purchasing options.
- Paying with credit card? CLICK HERE and enter school code 16210.
- Paying with cash or check? Fill out the order form and bring exact payment amount (not able to make change) to the front office during office hours.
Email email@example.com with questions.
Inspire Performing Arts Boosters
People always ask: “How can we/I help?”
Usual response is: “Fill our seats, spread the word to increase our audiences, make a program ad purchase, get goodies at the concessions booth, or donate time and items when called for.”
For ten years, this has been enough, but now these ways to help the Performing Arts have been obliterated by the pandemic. After waiting a year for things to improve, we have decided to form a new plan and WE NEED YOU! We have created an Inspire Performing Arts (IPA) Boosters Program. All donations will go directly to our programming and are tax deductible. We need to get through this and allow our students to have the amazing learning opportunities they deserve even if they look a little different.
Click here to visit our Boosters Website to find out how you can get involved!
Inspire is having a fun family movie night / fundraiser at the Meriam Park Drive In on Saturday, May 22nd, to watch the movie “Grease.” Come support Inspire and feel free to dress the part! Located off of 20th Street with the entrance on Springfield, the movie starts at 8:30pm, with doors opening at 7:15pm. A portion of every ticket will go back to our school as well as 25% of concession sales! They sell the usual popcorn and candy as well as hot dogs and nachos, and even beverages for adults.So, let’s support the MP Drive In, and in turn, they will support us!
To buy your ticket, go to: www.meriampark.com/drivein
(Tickets go on sale 5/4/21 and are NOT sold at the door.)
Organized by the Inspire Production Team
Need to talk to about their schedule?
In need of emotional support?
Let us help!
Office Hours: Mon – Fri 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m.
Tasha Teeter -students last names beginning A-K
Marcus Hopkins – students last names beginning L-Z
WHO YOU GONNA CALL?
- Call and leave a message at (530) 891-3133 or
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
For general questions, or material appointments:
- Call the front office at (530) 891-3090
For technology assistance:
- Call or email Ken Hardy
- (530) 891-3090 x209 or email email@example.com
To speak with your child's teacher:
- Call or email by visiting the "Staff" page on our Inspire website.
To speak with the Principal/Superintendent:
- Call (530) 230-7758 or email firstname.lastname@example.org