See translation information below / Consulte la información de traducción a continuación.
February 22, 2023 - NEWSLETTER
Hello Centerview Families,
I hope the message finds you safe and sound as the snow continues to fall. In the midst of a winter storm, my hope is that your student’s flexible learning day has been of value and learning has continued. With another flexible learning day from home tomorrow, please reach out with questions or clarification.
Conference conversations are wrapping up as we approach the end of February. My hope is that 100 percent of families and teachers have partnered to discuss your child’s learning as a unique individual. My hope is that you found the time valuable, felt informed and ended the conversation knowing your child will be successful academically and socially in the second half of the school year.
As a staff, we will continue to communicate through the school year with you, beyond conferences, through Seesaw, Schoology, phone calls and further face-to-face opportunities. Reach out at any time. Please know that communication and connections are important to us.
We have a few weeks left in this second trimester and just a few weeks until our spring break. Despite the weather, let’s stay focused and end the trimester strong.
Remember, lift with your legs!
PTO Meeting and Volunteer Activity
Join us for the next PTO meeting on Tuesday, January 28 at 6:30 p.m. at Centerview. This meeting will be a "working meeting" combined with a volunteer activity to support Centerview. We will discuss PTO event planning while working on projects to assist teachers. The meeting will start with an update on the school year from Principal Callahan. We will then assist teachers with preparing classroom materials. Activities may include copying, tracing, cutting, organizing, etc. As we work on the projects, we will discuss upcoming PTO events for the spring. Please join us to help support our CV staff!
Westwood broadcast group bridges learning and community
The results are in! After surveying the entire Westwood Intermediate and Middle School student population Mandarin Orange Chicken was named the favorite lunch choice. The least favorite? Macaroni and Cheese. (Yes, you read that right!)
The survey was a segment included in Westwood’s first-ever Panther News Broadcast. The topic was designed to appeal to the entire community. The broadcast was written, filmed and edited by a group of students who are learning new skills, exploring potential career paths and building community at Westwood.
25 dedicated students are navigating the world of news broadcasting as they develop real skills and create connections school-wide. Read more about their experience and watch the first
Don’t miss out on “Frozen Jr.” live at the Fine Arts Center
"We can't hold it back anymore!" This amazing cast of young actors is inviting you to join them for a story of true love and acceptance between sisters. Westwood students in grades 7-8 will present "Frozen Jr." on March 2-4. Don’t wait - get your tickets online now!
Panthers for a Purpose Giving Week is Here!
There are many ways to participate in this week of giving and SLP Panther pride. Thank you for your participation and generosity as we support this year's Fund-A-Dream. This year's Fund-A-Dream is Career and College Pathways, courses and programming to support students in exploring potential career paths.
- Show your spirit and submit photos for a chance to win: Dress head to toe in our school colors. Send in photos (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be entered into a drawing to win a gift card to the Panther Store:
- Thursday, February 23 – White Out
- Friday, February 24 – Panther Spirit Day!
- Browse and bid on silent auction items: The auction officially opened today! Browse more than 300 packages featuring trips, Panther gear, restaurant gift cards, adult libations, unique experiences and MORE! Start bidding now! Visit the Panthers for a Purpose Event Website for details and bidding tips.
- Dine-to-Donate: See a schedule of community restaurants that are partnering with us this week. Dine at one of the four locations during the week, mention the Panther Foundation/SLP and a portion of your sales will go to the Panther Foundation!
Find Panther Party details for Saturday and everything you need to know about this year's event on the Panthers for a Purpose website.
- February 18-25: Panthers for a Purpose Week of Giving
- Saturday, February 25: Panthers for a Purpose Party
- March 2-4: Westwood spring musical - "Frozen Jr."
- Thursday, March 9: End of Trimester 2
- March 10-20: No school, spring break
Translate This Message / Traducir Este Mensaje
To translate this information to another language, please click anywhere on the message to open it in a web browser and at the top of the page, select your language from the dropdown menu.
Para traducir la información a otro idioma, por favor presionen en cualquier lugar del mensaje para abrirlo en un navegador web y en la parte superior de la página seleccione su idioma del menú.