Lakeview Family Newsletter ~ February 5
Prefer to read this in a different language? Click "translate".
¿Prefieres leer esto en otro idioma? Haga clic en "traducir".
Preferoni ta lexoni këtë në një gjuhë tjetër? Klikoni "përkthe".
هل تفضل قراءة هذا بلغة مختلفة؟ انقر فوق "ترجمة".
What a great week!
Sign Up for February Conferences
Wednesday, February 24 from 3:30-7:30
Thursday, February 25 from 4:00-8:00
Conferences will be virtual on your teacher's Zoom and each conference slot will be 15 minutes long. If you arrive early, you will be in the teacher's Zoom waiting room until the time of the conference. SMVA students should see the information from your teachers for conferences, which may be on different dates. Lakeview 4K with Ms. Maes may also be at a different time.
Please be sure to choose your child's teacher from the Sign-up Genius list. Scroll across the tabs at the top. The first tab that opens is for Mrs. Zoellner's 5K class.
Click here for the link to the Sign-up Genius for conferences. We are going to try and schedule a conference for every single student because we value the chance to talk with you!
I know how much each and every family is glad to have your children back at Lakeview full time. Please be aware that if your child misses a day of school, our district health team will look at every absence to determine if your child needs to be in COVID protocol. If it is cold outside (like it is right now), please do not call your child in sick unless they are actually ill. We need every student here as much as possible right now, and if the district is open, "cold," "snow," and "transportation" are not allowable excuses for not coming to school. We love having our students back!
Can you help?
Cousin's Sub Night for Lakeview
Click here for a flyer with the information.
New online tool for reading
Valentine's Day - this week!
• Do not send edible treats this year (no cupcakes, cookies, etc). They will not be passed out. I encourage you to instead consider purchasing a book or game for your child's classroom.
• If you choose to send anything for Valentine's Day, we will not consume any food in the classroom. For example, if you send prepackaged candy hearts, we will hand them out and they will be taken home. Do not send anything homemade and do not send anything store-bought that does not come individually pre-packaged.
• If you choose to send any cards or pre-packaged candy for Valentine's, please have your child bring it to school by Wednesday, February 10. Our teachers will quarantine all items for a day and hand them out at the end of school on Thursday, February 11 (since we do not have school on the 12th and Valentine's Day is a Sunday this year).
Speak Up, Speak Out
Save the Date - March 4
Famous Virtual Author Visit!
Jerry Pallotta is a Famous Author of the "Who Would Win Series?"
Join Mr. Pallotta online at the following times:
- Monday, February 15, 2021 (Grades: 1st- 4th Only)
- Tuesday, February 16, 2021 (Grades 5th-8th only)
6:00 - 7:00 p.m. with questions following the presentationThis presentation is offered FREE to students of PAGE Member school districts
(South Milwaukee is a PAGE Member).
Where: Virtually with sign up and attendance link being sent via EVENTBRITE.
Registration to open 2/05/2021
See this link here to register.
UWM College for Kids
This Spring, UWM College for Kids has several online learning opportunities including:
- The Full STEAM Ahead Fair - Spring 2021 - March 27, 2021
- Family Watershed Exploration - April 10-May 29
We have several scholarship opportunities for both programs. For more information families contact us at 414-227-3360. Here is the link for these opportunities: https://uwm.edu/sce/program_area/spring-2021-college-for-kids-teens/
The Summer programing for June through August and registration is currently open. Below are links for the main website and to the scholarship application page.