Foothill MS Community Memo
March 28, 2021
Good evening Griffin families!
Just wanted to send a few reminders. We have a brand new schedule this week. All classes remain online and will begin at 8:30am. Also there is a school holiday this Friday so our Wednesday schedule is not happening this week. Your Thursday is now Wednesday and your Friday is Thursday :-)
Below you will find the Virtual Tour of Foothill, for all our new Griffins, 6th graders, and students that have forgotten the lay of the land. We will have an informational table set-up in front of the school if anyone has questions or needs assistance this first week back.
All our Academic learning is distance and happens in the morning--no teacher or class changes. The afternoon is where things get different:
- 60% of our students are returning to campus in the afternoon for In Person Learning Support. This week and the week after Spring Break will be with your child's 1st period class. Since some teachers are supervising Virtual Learning Students they may be assigned another teacher. These assignments are in Aeries/HomeLink and are 9th period, called "Strategic Support". Note the DAYS, the teacher name, and the class location. Remember you must complete the Daily Health Screening before 10am on the days you attend school.
- The Virtual Learning Students are staying 100% distance and will not be be required to sign the Compact nor have to complete the daily health assessment. This group is two days MT or TF (except this week WTh) and it is labeled "Advisory- Homeroom". You'll use the link posted in Aeries/HomeLink. You have also been added to their teacher's Google Classroom which has the information there for meeting too.
For the In Person Learning group, our Foothill MS Reopening Guide is full of answers for everything you think you may need to know, as well as things you may not have thought of such as maps, directions, locations etc.
Below is information for any families interested in the optional free COVID-19 testing that is at a number of schools in the District--our nearest one is Northgate HS. Your child DOES NOT need to have a test in order to come to school this week.
The District Counselors have another webinar this week, and as always they are recorded so you can view another time and get the resources they share. Details below.
We have Spring Break beginning this weekend through April 11--be safe, enjoy, and take care.
ALL Campus users:
OPTIONAL Covid-19 testing
We are pleased to continue optional COVID-19 tests at convenient school site locations. These COVID-19 tests are now available to parents, students, and staff. Oral swab mouth tests are used and will be administered under the direction of a registered nurse from PMH Laboratories. Testing times and locations are available below, and pre-registration is required.
We are committed to the health, safety and welfare of all our families and staff, and regular testing plays an important role to maintain high standards. Testing is provided at no cost.
During our county's “Red Tier” phase, testing opportunities will be available at our sites every 14 days. For alternate times and locations, other local testing opportunities remain available.
Register for COVID-19 testing online.
Click here for your one-time registration (Med USA PMH Labs). On the registration page, use the following information:
Test Type: PCR
Determine a convenient opportunity to get tested.
- Tuesday, March 30
- 2:00PM - 5:00PM at College Park High, Concord High, Mt. Diablo High, Northgate High, and Ygnacio Valley High
- Wednesday, March 31
- 3:00PM - 5:00PM at Riverview Middle School
- 3:00PM - 4:00PM at Oak Grove Middle School
Prepare by completing the attached forms in advance (Forms 2, 3 and 4).
Form 2: Patient Request Form
Form 3: Parent Consent Form (required for student tests)
Form 4: Uninsured Form (if applicable)
If you are not able to complete these forms or print them, copies will be onsite. We highly recommend you do this online, because it helps to speed up the process. These forms must be completed for each COVID-19 test.
Because these tests use oral swabs, please do not eat or drink 20 minutes before the test. At testing locations, masks and physical distancing are required. Test results will be available in 48 to 72 hours.
Movement throughout the Foothill Campus
STAY TO THE RIGHT
THROUGH THE HALLWAYS
THIS IS THE HANDBOOK FOR FOOTHILL MIDDLE SCHOOL. IT CONTAINS ALL THE DETAILS EACH STUDNT AND FAMILY WILL NEED TO KNOW TO COME ONTO CAMPUS DURING SPRING 2021.
Completing this electronic copy provides agreement to all parts contained. It may also be printed, signed, and submitted.
There are links and resources on: Personal Safety, Social Emotional Tools, Mindful Tools, Cyber Safety, Counseling Tips, and Smoking and Vaping 101
REPOST: MDUSD Monthly Mental Health Webinars
- 03/30/2021 - Recognizing When To Get Help Beyond The Home
- 04/20/2021 - Anxiety And Depression
- 05/11/2021 - Parents Of Teens And Tweens- How To Facilitate Independence When They Can't Leave The House
- 06/01/2021 - Parents Of Elementary Age- What Skills Can We Increase During Distance Learning
- 06/22/2021 - Finding Community Supports And Summer Activities
Webinar Zoom/registration information will be posted here close to session dates.