December 12, 2016
A Note to Staff
The last few days have certainly been difficult for our school community. I know you share in my sadness, for it is incredibly painful to lose a student.
However,I appreciate how all of you have come together as a community and have put the needs of others first. Many of our kids and our colleagues have needed your support, and you have given it without hesitation. Thank you!
This week will continue to be difficult, as the wake and funeral are on Monday and Tuesday,but I know the strength of our building will help to carry us through.
- Congrats to Hannah and Sarah Zimmerman who placed 5th in the National Crystal growing contest.
Please remind students that in order to use Exam Exemptions there attendance must be 95%.
On the subject of exams, it is also extremely important that they are on time or they will not be allowed to test.
There is an Attendance Committee Meeting in the LC on Thurs 12/15.
Monday, December 12th 2:30 - 3:30
We will be looking at 2nd quarter survey data. Everyone is welcome!
The FHN Mentors will be hosting the 3rd annual Cocoa and Cram today (Monday) after school We can use help from as many teachers as possible. Stop by the commons between 2:30 - 4:30 to offer assistance to our freshman class and enjoy some winter treats.
Join us Wednesday morning for donuts and coffee in the LC. Just stop by, have some breakfast, and enjoy the company before we head into the busy finals season.
Please see the link below for a quick Google Reference Guide for using the drive.
2016-2017 Staff Commitments to the Learning Environment
In order to improve the climate/environment at FHN, the staff commits to:
1. building positive relationships with students and staff members.
2. listening to the concerns of others and by helping to problem solve those issues.
3. helping students to see the relationship between effort and success.
4. being open-minded to new ideas.
5. addressing any inappropriate behavior immediately to help set an expectation of appropriate hallway and classroom behavior.
6. giving clear and consistent expectations for device use and by enforcing them.
7. counting tardies consistently.
"Shout out to Joelle Sanders for presenting on Using Google in the Classroom."--Chris Birch