Travis Intermediate School: September 13, 2021
Mark Your Calendars
- Sept. 15-October 15: National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Sept. 24: Kona Ice Day
Important Information for Travis Parents/Guardians
Dropping Off Lunches- Please note, students not eating a lunch from the cafeteria will need to bring their lunch with them when they come to school. Lunches for students may not be dropped off in the front office for your child. If your child forgets their lunch, they may receive a free lunch this year from the cafeteria.
Morning Drop Off/Car Rider: Our morning drop off and afternoon car rider pick up will be on Pauline St. through our school cafeteria. Staff members will be on duty to receive students until 8:50 a.m. when instruction begins. If your child arrives to campus after 8:50 a.m., parents will need to park and bring their child in to the front office to check in. If students are car riders in the afternoon, we ask that they are picked up no later than 4:10 p.m.
Early Start: Travis will again offer early start drop off beginning at 7:30 a.m. through the cafeteria entrance on Pauline St. Staff members will be on duty beginning at 7:30 a.m. to receive students. We ask that for the safety of our students, please do not drop off prior to 7:30 a.m. as students will not be supervised.
Travis Cell Phone Policy - As stated in the district Elementary & Intermediate Student Handbook, students are allowed to have cell phones on campus. Cell phones must remain turned off during the instructional day and in the student's backpack. If students do not comply with this policy, staff members may confiscate the cell phone and turn them in to the assistant principal. A parent/guardian will need to come to the school to pick up any cell phone that has been confiscated, as it will not be returned to the student once taken up.
Updates from Our Clinic
- Tennis shoes are required for PE. Wheeled shoes, house shoes, slides or flip flops should not be worn.
- Pants with holes or rips must be worn with tights or shorts long enough to cover the students thighs.
- Pants should be worn at waist level, not sagging.
- Shorts, skirts, and dresses should be fingertip length. When arms are straight down along a student's side, material should be long enough to touch the tips of the fingers.
- Clothing that may refer to or advertise tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, narcotics or any other prohibited substance or displays vulgar/inappropriate language, obscenities, or graphics/pictures of any kind that are inappropriate for the school setting are not allowed.
- Hoods covering the head should not be worn in common areas inside the building. (hallways, cafeteria, auditorium)
Child Nutrition...Did You Know?
- When you sign up for free and reduced meals every year that you not only support your family with a needed benefit, but Travis Intermediate also receives increased funding for the school year. That extra funding is purely based on the number of students who receive service. You are helping your family and the school by completing the application every year. Please do not miss out on these available benefits.
- Complete one application per household. Eligibility is based on family income and size, or if the family has a SNAP or TANF number. The guidelines are located on the Free and Reduced Application.
- Parents will be notified if the students are eligible for Free/Reduced Meals.
- Students who participated in the Free/Reduced program during the previous year in Conroe ISD may continue to eat at the same Free/Reduced status for the first 30 days of school. When a new application is completed before the 30-grace period ends, the new status overrides last year’s status.
- Applications may take up to 10 days to process.
- Foster children are eligible for Free meals. Please contact our office with student information for faster processing or fill out an online application.
- You, your children, or other household members do not have to be U.S. citizens to apply.
- All student financial information is kept confidential in the Child Nutrition Office.
Please do not miss out on this benefit, complete your application as soon as possible.
If you have a child who needs to be registered to attend our campus, please call the school at 936-709-7000 to speak with our registrar, Ms. Solis.
We are here to support you! Please feel free to contact the school between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at 936-709-7000 or via email at email@example.com.
Follow Us On Social Media
Parent Access Center
Parents/Guardians wishing to access this service must have a valid email address.
Please go to the following link and follow the directions below:
Click the “Student/Parent” tab
Click on “Parent Access Center”
Sign up for Parent Access to stay up to date with your child's grades and more.
Stay in touch with CISD by downloading our new mobile app!
Download the app on your mobile device today and select ‘yes’ to receive push notifications with the latest news and updates from the District.
- Push Notifications - Select ‘yes’ when you download the app to receive the latest push notifications from the District.
- Calendar Events - Add events to the calendar on your personal mobile device directly from the calendar section on the app.
- News - Check out the latest District-wide and school news all in one place!
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner.
For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.