JBD Family Newsletter - November 9, 2017
Jumping in to the Second Quarter!
Every year, I say the same thing: it's so hard to believe how quickly the time flies. Our first 9 weeks is over and report cards will be going home on Nov. 15. It was so nice to see so many of you here for parent conferences these last couple of weeks and on Tuesday. When parents make time to have conference with a teacher, research shows that achievement jumps and has long reaching positive effects. Here at John B. Dey, we are so thankful to have so many involved and caring parents. It certainly shows in your children as they are kind, polite, and hard-working. We thank you for all you do to help us help your children become productive 21st Century learners, workers, and citizens.
Enjoy the Veteran's Day holiday on Friday, Nov. 10, and please accept my gratitude as I thank all veterans and active duty service men and women for your service. I realize, many of you are reading this while a spouse or loved one is deployed out to sea or in the field. As a Navy wife myself, raising two girls mostly on my own, I get it. So much falls on the one at home, making lunches, bedtime routines, completing homework, and getting everybody to school on time. Not easy at all. However, you do it, because, that's just the way it is, right? Because the parent left at home keeps everything going, the service member can focus on their duties and service to our country.
A special thanks to all of you. Enjoy the three day weekend and know how much you are appreciated.
NEXT WEEK AT DEY
Monday, November 13:
- Canned Food Drive until Nov.21
- PTA After school Spanish - Grades 2 & 3 - 3-4 p.m.
Tuesday, November 14:
- PTA Board Meeting 9:30 a.m.
- PTA After school Spanish - Grades 4 & 5 3-4 p.m.
Wednesday, November 15:
- Report cards go home today
- Word Shirt Wednesday
- PTA After school Spanish - K & 1 3-4 p.m.
- Grade 4 Chorus after school until 3:45 p.m.
- Art Club
Thursday, November 16:
Friday, November 17:
Monday, November 20:
- PTA Spanish Grades 2 & 3 - 3-4 p.m.
Tuesday, November 21:
- PTA Spanish Grades 4 & 5 - 3-4 p.m.
Wednesday, November 22:
- Word Shirt Wednesday
- Adjusted Dismissal Grades 1 -5 : 12/:10 p.m.
AMK 8:10 - 10:10
PMK 10:10 - 12:10
No after school clubs today!
Nov. 23 & Nov. 24: Thanksgiving Holiday
Tuesday, November 28:
- Make-up Picture Day
Wednesday, November 29:
- JBD Spirit Night - Anna's Kitchen - Hilltop
Wednesday, December 13:
- Middle School Choices Meeting for 5th Graders and their parents
- 6:30 - 7:30 p.m. in the JBD Cafeteria